Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On LS1.COM it says that the government are going to ban the ad because it is showing a car doing illegal donuts.
To my knowledge this is the second time a Holden ad has been banned from TV. Does anybody remember the first ad ?
Even though it is a Holden ad , i like it.
Ford should start making ads with XR8's going sideways or doing burnouts because thats the they can get the publics attention even though it might get banned on TV. :D

T

·
0 Posts
I sent a proposed ad to felicity to give to Uncle Geoff regarding the new Ford XR8. Knowing my luck they'll ban that as well. But thats the only way Holdens can do burnouts, on loose dirt.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
If that ad gets banned then I wanna check off this planet. It's a good ad plain and simple. Pity it's not a Ford ad, but sh*t happens. Goes to show the intelligence of the people who are running this country. Minority groups win again. Phucken sucks if you ask me.. :thumbdown :fmad:

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Like I said on LS1.com they should ban that bloody stupid Camry ad, man do I hate that. The one with that naked dropkick. :gok:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
But thats the only way Holdens can do burnouts, on loose dirt.
We can always rely on you to give us a laugh Doc.. Cheers to that!! :D

T

·
0 Posts
Same minority that stopped the phase 4 Fordman. Dont these PHUCKERS EVER DIE. Fred Niles cousins no doubt.

Bit of a religous update for ya Fred.
JESUS had long hair - so do Bikies
JESUS had dirty clothes - so do Bikies
Bikies ride Harleys and Triumph's. It also states in the Bible, "Jesus triumphed into jerusalum". Take a Toke on that Freddy Boy.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I'm sorry guys but it fair dinkum makes me puke. You can't do anything that's good clean fun anymore 'cause you may be upsetting the growth pattern of some bullsh*t rare blade of grass or something.
Time to wake up Australia and reclaim our country for what it is. Not what some two bit wanker thinks should happen. :fmad:

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Aahh can I smell Civil Was coming on.:wink2:

When we ask other countries what they are fighting for they say religious freedom, when they ask us we say the right for automotive expression, they then turn around and walk away shaking their heads. :CraZ:

M

·
0 Posts
Get an xr8 ute to do it on BITUMEN - and the resulting twister would be one of tyre smoke - a bit more impressive than dirt, and a bit more believable as well...........:p

·
Aussie Falcon Enthusiast
478 Posts
gms00

That would be interesting. I thought donuts were only illegal on public roads and that stretch of dirt sure looked like a paddock to me.

Of course trust Holden to go for the yobbo image with their ads.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I remember seeing the first ad that Holden had banned. It was a gold VT2 SS getting airborne over a hill. Something about antisocial behaviour and how all the young drivers will try and jump their clapped out old dung box. Funny how Volvo never got in trouble with John Bowe doing a burnout and then raceing around in a black 740HP. Or Toyota for jumping just about every 4wd it makes or having the bloke dragged under the moving Hilux. Funny how if it is a local company it gets burned at the stake but a one from overseas?

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Heh I gotta add to this thread that the post on LS1.com originated from me telling my mate about that news story on tv... he posted it there and it found it's way back here....
damn dormies from the dark side. ;) :D

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
Just thought I'd mention that there was AU2 XR8 going past the other morning at 6.00am along with its great sounding exhuast note and at the same time an earthquake struck - no sh!t, the earthquake wasn't that big, 6.1 on the ricter scale and 270Km deep and I thought to myself sh!t!, imagine carnage it would make if it had a bigbore fitted. :eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts