Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Mazda CX-9 with the ford 3.7. I got a p0011 vvt sensor code and the car stalled. After some research I found that it is common when water pump fails. After a pressure test I was able to confirm my water pump was leaking. Has anyone after receiving this code ever just replaced the water pump and replaced the VVT solenoid and reused the VVT sprocket with any success. I would rather not buy the timing chain kit. (Actually another one because I bought and cannot return one for a 2011; pm me if you are interested in the kit)

·
Super Moderator
8,465 Posts
You are at the back yard mechanic's usual battle, budget or common sense? You're partly in there, do you finish and make it all new or replace just the failure with your fingers crossed? What 's the year and mileage?

Personally, I've never dealt with your issue, but if you're approaching 100K, it might be worth the investment if you're looking to get to 200.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I decided to buy new parts, I’ve spent so much all ready what’s another $300. Just means waiting another 2+ weeks for parts because of COVID, that was the big reason I wanted to reuse the old parts; I’m tired of this project and I’m tired of borrowing vehicles. But I’ll finish it drive it for a 8 months or so and sell it before I move.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts