Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just seen the news on the idiot box tonight (3/8/01) they showed a car with the letters XR2 done in a stylish letter sticker on the passengers door, what model is this.:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Erm, not a Capri is it? Circa 1990-91?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
noooooooo waaaaaaay this was on tonights news showing the crap going on with the strikes with the steering component company. they showed the ford assembly plant with a huge car with the letters XR2 in big letters on the passengers door. this aint no capri, there only 2 door.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
If your talkin about the current model lineup i'm not sure what the XR2 is. I know what the ZX2 is though, it's a 2 door coupe in the US.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Another possibility is the SR2 Laser sold here, the model that has the yeeha whats so special 2.0L and other stuff bunged on it.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this was a four door car on the production line

·
Mr. Embargo
3,745 Posts
I saw the report as well. It was definitely the Capri XR2 Clubsprint. They should really upgrade their footage as they showed a 93 commo in another bulletin.

·
Australian Falcon Member
663 Posts
hehe a hot inline 2 cylinder car destined for the streets of europe :)

Apart from vague speculation, i have No Idea. If its dinki-di, then most likely we'll hear something from Ford Very Soon..

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
RPO83 said:
I saw the report as well. It was definitely the Capri XR2 Clubsprint. They should really upgrade their footage as they showed a 93 commo in another bulletin.
TV one news here in NZ showed footage of black EB's rolling off the line in their strike news.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts