Ford Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been told by a mate who works there that Pickles in Perth will have an XB coupe rolling shell in their damaged auction this Wednesday.May be a good project or parts car for someone over there.

· Registered
478 Posts
To me it looks like a genuine Goss that has had 2 quarters put on it. The turret and bootlid are white. The A pillars and inside the doors lookk about right. Although, I suppose it could be a cut'n'shut.... Pity it so far away.....!!

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CJR09 said:
To a certain extent, they were all K code Falcon 500 GS's (option #48) with specific paint and trim options - see this link:

http://www.johngossspecial.com/ident.htm

This could lead to confusion.When most people say or think K code they are referring to the engine code.K was a 351.All Gosses were 302s which was engine code Y.
All V8 XBs had K at the end of the VIN,which could be what CJR is referring to.
You can't tell a JGS from the VIN alone but if the car has compliance plates you can tell from the build date and the paint and trim codes.

· Southern Coupe
215 Posts
Anthony P said:
This could lead to confusion.When most people say or think K code they are referring to the engine code.K was a 351.All Gosses were 302s which was engine code Y.
All V8 XBs had K at the end of the VIN,which could be what CJR is referring to.
You can't tell a JGS from the VIN alone but if the car has compliance plates you can tell from the build date and the paint and trim codes.

Thats dead right - this is also why I included the link to the Gossy web site as well ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.