Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Waeco cooler / warmer for the car.

I'm quite impressed with it. All I wanted was something to keep a bottle of water cool on long trips.

This is the smaller model at 15 litres. It will take two 2 litre bottles. This isn't a fridge but a cooler that is designed to keep around 20 degrees cooler than ambient temp.

It also warms to 65 degrees.

It sits on the seat and is secured by the seatbelt.

RRP is $149 but I bought mine as an ex demo for $115 + $10 postage

The website is www.waeco.com.au

or you can buy ex demo models at www.fridgeshop.com/

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
LOL Jamie - it looks like a haemoroid cooler on that passenger seat!!!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
a friend of mine got the portable fridge for closer to $900 - they take it camping - with the car.

·
tough XF
487 Posts
they sell small waeco fridges at the bp down the road from my house for around 100 bucks was thinking of getting one but id never use it

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
I use one in my work Rodeo. I found on my one it does have a fair bit of condensation come from it leaking on seat, I now have it on floor..O/k on work veh though..Maybe different brand to yours ???

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XLR8 said:
Fridge looks good but those seats look awesome!
Ta,

I had them made to my specifications. I love them.

·
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe
1,290 Posts
we gotta LARGE campin fridge, worth over 2 grand, its MAD heats & cools/freezes... runs on gas, 240V and 12V, its MAD it dont take long to freeze things, we use it as a spare fridge, for the drinks in the garage hehe

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
Jamie, now connect that cooler to the outlet pipe of your intercooler, just before the air hits the throttle body and you'll be having an extra 5rwkw. LOL...

·
Registered
582 Posts
ive actually done some research on the PELTIER EFFECT plates used in these coolers. i never got around to actually trying one as an intercooler damit! i was going to use two of them to cool the water in an water to air intercooler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts