Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just want to get an idea of how many people would be interested in a track day out at wakefield park some time early next year.

I recently went down there with the Honda club and Jeff and I got some info on cost's involved in hiring the track for a day.

If we where to charge about $140 each (plus you will have to pay $27.50 for a wakefield licence if you dont already have one) and offered a "pay by the month" plan (eg - pay $35 a month for 4 months) who would be interested??

:)
Kelli S

P.S - For those of you who dont know... wakefield park is at Goulburn. About 2 hours south of sydney, 1 hour north of canberra (so the ACT boys can join us). Its a nice flat track.. Nothing to hit!!!

K

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a GREAT idea!!

but cant it be any sooner...??

All the same, count me IN!!!

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Kypez,

We cant make it sooner, as all the weekends for the rest of the year have already been booked out.
:-(

We will need to book very shortly to get a weekend in the first half of next year.

Kelli S

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
I'm in!!

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
Count another....

T

·
0 Posts
oh yeah, count me in. i guess i'll be able to get up at 4:30 that particular day and drive to Wakefield.

it's so bloody far though! what are the possibilities of having a track day at eastern creek or oran park?

·
Tickford Owners Club NSW
60 Posts
I'm in Kelli,

If we could make it for a Saturday, and then stay over in Goulburn for the night, it could be a lot of fun. I offered to put up trophies for different categories, so maybe if people wanted to stay overnight, we could have a trophy presentation at where we stay.

Salada

Jimbaddy

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jim - Yeah, I am planning on getting a saturday (its cheaper than a sunday). Trophies sound like a good idea too.

Mighty - Unfortunatly we cant really afford to hire out eastern creek or oran park for a day, and charge people under $150.

EB Nos - Not sure.... will have to check up on that. I know that the fuel they have at the track is 100 octane avgas stuff, so I am sure you can have fun with that if you cant bring your nos.

Kelli S

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Ian,

The cost for Hiring out Eastern Creek for a weekend day is in excess of $10,000. Oran Park is almost the same.

Wakefield is a lot cheaper, and its a bit safer (no walls to hit).

Kelli S

T

·
0 Posts
PFWOAR!

ok, i can see the logic there! :)
oh well, a drive to wakefield will get the car ready for the track at least!

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi,

We are currently trying to organise to got o wakefield with another club (the honda club or the hsv club)

Should have some more news on this shortly.

Kelli S

P.S - Yes - you will need to bring your own helmets.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.