Ford Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Steps/tricks:

1) You'll have to remove the gas tank completely - there is NO WAY around that - don't try shortcuts or any other way.

2) Drive around 'till your gas light comes on :) (Or syphon the gas if you have that capability)

3) The gas tank is fiberglass - DON'T DROP IT!

4) If you use a jack to support the tank while you lower it, use a piece of wood between jack and tank.

5) You'll NEED A HELPER - this is not a 1 person job.

6) Before you start the job, relieve the fuel pressure from the system according to the Haynes manual.

There's more, just not that I remember right now - I'll dig through my links when I get home to send you a couple of install pages.

My install took 2 hours, with myself and an experienced tech working. Expect yours to be in the 2-4 hours range, but remember that speed doesn't matter - getting it done right does.

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Yep, Jeff's right :D you CAN do the job by yourself if you feel particularly courageous :D

Heck, after all, I removed my own engine/tranny by myself last weekend, and if *I* can do that, then anyone can......

Once you start spraying, go to Sac raceway and have at it! I want to see some times :thumbup:

BY the way - your IM/VC paintjob came out cherry! I may have to take some tips from you this time around :D Nice color, too!

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
I have no idea why it is recommended to loosen the rear lugnuts - unless you need to remove the wheels. You could remove the wheels since the rear will be jacked up anyway - that way you have room to maneuver.

For a fuel filter if Fram makes a part number specific for the MX-6 you should have no problem using it AFAIK. I think a fuel filter is about $7 for our cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.