Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
EA Wagon Member
Joined
·
469 Posts
XR8
Additions:
Ford Racing bodykit (Tickford kit also available)
Clear side indicator lenses
Series III badging
Dot matrix windscreen


what in the hell is a ford racing bodykit??? and why can you buy teh tickford kit for it shouldn't that stay on tickford cars only?


sounds **** if u ask me
 

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
Joined
·
761 Posts
partsguy said:
fORD RACING BODYKIT AKA REBEL REAR BUMPER......
If this is the case, whoever thought up of the name of "Ford Racing Bodykit" is an absolute toss! It looks nothing like a Ford Racing kit :thumbdown
 

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
Joined
·
761 Posts
Elvis said:
wtf is a dot matrix windscreen?
I'd guess it's those dots on top of the windscreen that acts like a sunvisor.
 

·
BSR Field Agent
Joined
·
578 Posts
Thanks for the info...... Still unable to obtain this from Ford Dealerships...

Nipper...
 

·
EA Wagon Member
Joined
·
469 Posts
thats the ****test joke i ever heard space lord hahaha

so what was the point of releasing the special edition rebel to then release it for standard xr8s as an option??? how are we to tell if its a rebel or a ford racing bodykit xr8???

and what is teh go wif the tickford kit availalbe is that the same thing as the ford racing kit why is it also available??? i wouldn't want to spend up big on a t series only to find some tosser in an xr8 has gone and bought teh bodykit from my car to make it seem as if he has a more expensive car.


its all **** i tell ya wtf is ford thinkin
 

·
Jaguar X-Type
Joined
·
199 Posts
XR8 should be beefed up, it doesn't compete with the TE50 as theyre all too sedate.

However, given that theyre

*increasing pricing by 2%
*deleteing scheduled servicing
*have to pay full RRP $$ for rebel kit

It seems that in 2 months to get the same spec car as the Rebel kit is going to cost alot of $$$. Stupid assholes. Just when something good comes along I bet theyre just going to cock it up.
 

·
The SparkleHunter™
Joined
·
10,144 Posts
SnaggS said:
Stupid assholes. Just when something good comes along I bet theyre just going to cock it up.
I wouldn't go that far.. Should be intereting to see how they compare to the T's styling wise though..
 

·
In a blue Galaxy
Joined
·
5,716 Posts
I dunno what some of you dudes saw that went on the trip but i feel that the forum will be different as you wont be voicing your oinion on what you would like to see as you would allready know what is happening ect.
 

·
Jaguar X-Type
Joined
·
199 Posts
Im just a sore cause Alfa killed the resale value on my car by introducing a base model 10k cheaper. Now half of the stuff on my car is considered "extras" and resale values are all based on the new base model rrp.

Soooo...... I have to wait another 4 months before I can trade it in and get a XR8.... so I missed out on the Rebel. Nothing worse than deciding on a new car and then finding out your old one is screwing you over.

I'm just thinking by the time I'm able to sign on the line.. my XR8 + Kit + 18" + Momo Wheel is going to be a damn site more expensive than $48,615
 

·
The SparkleHunter™
Joined
·
10,144 Posts
Cobra said:
I dunno what some of you dudes saw that went on the trip but i feel that the forum will be different as you wont be voicing your opinion on what you would like to see as you would allready know what is happening ect.
Take it from me this forum isn't changing at all. No-one was able to get any piccies of Barra 'cause we had our cameras taken off us at the crucial times. Other than that we didn't see a great deal at all. Most of what we saw is public knowledge today anyway 'cause it's media day at the SMS..
Please have faith though.. freedom of speech is alive and well here at FordForums.. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,750 Posts
SnaggS said:
Im just a sore cause Alfa killed the resale value on my car by introducing a base model 10k cheaper. Now half of the stuff on my car is considered "extras" and resale values are all based on the new base model rrp.

Soooo...... I have to wait another 4 months before I can trade it in and get a XR8.... so I missed out on the Rebel. Nothing worse than deciding on a new car and then finding out your old one is screwing you over.

I'm just thinking by the time I'm able to sign on the line.. my XR8 + Kit + 18" + Momo Wheel is going to be a damn site more expensive than $48,615
I don't think you have too much to worry about on that side. The XR8 will have to remain price relative to the SS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
880 Posts
The_RAT said:
thats the ****test joke i ever heard space lord hahaha

so what was the point of releasing the special edition rebel to then release it for standard xr8s as an option??? how are we to tell if its a rebel or a ford racing bodykit xr8???

and what is teh go wif the tickford kit availalbe is that the same thing as the ford racing kit why is it also available??? i wouldn't want to spend up big on a t series only to find some tosser in an xr8 has gone and bought teh bodykit from my car to make it seem as if he has a more expensive car.


its all **** i tell ya wtf is ford thinkin
i better not give up my day job then huh?????:p
 

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
Joined
·
761 Posts
The_RAT said:
its all **** i tell ya wtf is ford thinkin
I have to say that the marketing division at Ford Head Office leaves a lot to be desired!
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top