Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
blue blooded ford fan
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted To Buy XF Fairmont Ghia

Main priority is a perfect body/paint job and interior. must still be drivable, but the motor and gearbox will be replaced and will be turned into a turbocharged weapon :) only in melbourne and only below 3000.
Want an earlier version with a carby motor as the efi ones have like a lil 'fence' between the valves which heat up and cause detonation, as the block will still be used, just fully rebuilt to turbo comp.
Did the earlier xf fairmont ghia's even come with a carby motor?? i have no idea. anyone help me with this??

·
blue blooded ford fan
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks heaps man. now i just gotta find one with the 83DA motor in it and im crowing :) even the 82DA will do, but the 83DA is preferable. 84DA and over are no good coz they had the lil fences in em.

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
I have an XE ya might wanna look at.....

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
I have an XE ya might wanna look at.....

·
blue blooded ford fan
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how do i change the topic??
nah man, i want an xf. thanks anyway.

G

·
0 Posts
Re: Wanted To Buy XF Fairmont Ghia

Broomy said:
Main priority is a perfect body/paint job and interior. must still be drivable, but the motor and gearbox will be replaced and will be turned into a turbocharged weapon
Your heading in the right direction it's better than the rotary pusser :p :p

·
blue blooded ford fan
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it will bring you, and your mullet headed v8 brigade to tears too gtho4... :nuts: :D

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Broomy said:
it will bring you, and your mullet headed v8 brigade to tears too gtho4... :nuts: :D
ha ha (double ha)

ROTFLMHO because it will explode after sucking the fumes from the XR8's exhaust...... :D Beats the chook cooker easily though. Best thing for a rotary is..... :eek:

·
blue blooded ford fan
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just bought a fully optioned silver ZL Fairlane :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts