Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who here has done a 5.8W into a AUXR. Did you have any problems or strike any.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hmmm.....anyone........anytakers........someone.........mother.???:(

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I'd love to be able to help ya mate, but the only thing I'll be able to help ya with is decals and such.. :( I'm flat out changing sparkies let alone what you're attempting..

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Well I know that two guys in our club have been thinking exactly this for a while now, except replace AU with ED/EL.

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
Ford Man said:
I'd love to be able to help ya mate, but the only thing I'll be able to help ya with is decals and such.. :( I'm flat out changing sparkies let alone what you're attempting..
mmm Im interested in some custom decals might send you an email

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got mine picked out chucky, so when I get five minutes I'll let you know what the dims are, and you can give me a price

rgds doc

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
I don't know anyone that's done it Doc, but it's supposedly a very tight fit if Fords reluctance to put them in at any stage is anything to go by. :rolleyes: Maybe that's just a production line hastle and with a little time and patience it'll fit snug. Let's hope so.
Russell.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it can be done with about 2 inches freeplay on either side of the heads. its tight but not that tight. I'm sure someone on this forum has done it, or knows someone, or has seen it done, I just cant remember who.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
I've got mine picked out chucky, so when I get five minutes I'll let you know what the dims are, and you can give me a price
I'm sure we can work something out Doc.. price may not be an issue.. :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what did you have in mind chuck. pm me if you dont want it made public.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
who here has done a 5.8W into a AUXR. Did you have any problems or strike any.
Doc

I have heard of someone in melbourne doing it, but I am as useful as tits on a lamp post - No Idea who it was sorry

Some type of suspension company though!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks gaz, I think jayton may know someone who has done it, or if not him, maybe Ian.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Doc there is a guy I met earlier this year named Pete who was telling me about 9 inch conversion in his mates EB Falcon but I can't recall if that guy has a 351 Windsor.
Anyway Pete works at Orbital Engines, he also wrote an article on EFI conversions in older Fords featured in Doug Bevan website.
He is on that http://www.fastlane.com.au discussion board if you want to ask there... he might be able to help.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thks mate, do you have to join, or can you go stright on to talk.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts