Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided it's time to do a full brake overhaul on my 1990 bronco since in 4 low the brakes are so bad it'll keep moving even at idle. I got new pads, rotors, piston, wheel bearings, drums, springs, shoes, etc. The whole deal. But I've been stuck for about a week now with my warn hubs. See they weren't properly licking so I figured I'd replace them too while I was at it. I went to remove them and they won't come off. Both sides same problem. I took the outer chrome cap off no problem, took the inner C clip out and the outer ring clip, and supposedly they should just slide out right? WRONG, I cannot get them to slide out and off the axle. They are refusing to budge. I've tried hammer, 4 cans of wd40, all kinds of stuff and they won't pull out. Am I missing something? Because everything I've seen/read/saw say there the 2 clips and then it all slides right out. Any help is greatly appreciated since I'm about done with this hunk of junk. My last resort is going to be a torch馃

Attachments

Super Moderator
From the pictures it looks like it is seized on splines due to lack of grease and then rust . I would try some heat and see if that's enough to break it free .

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Figured id follow up and just say I ended getting the damn things off with a rubber mallet and a metal wedge and hammered till it broke into pieces so I could pull it out. There was so much rust and funk behind them they weren't coming off any other way

1 - 5 of 5 Posts