Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good on you DK! Your posts just crashed my system. Norton download quarantined virus in my temp folder IE5.5. :fmad:

When I now go to one of your posts my system loads up a virus warning.

I say piss off your fancy stuff cos' it is risky to everyone else.

All other users - ensure you have latest definitions.

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
It's gone now, all it was was a picture, there's no way it could be a virus. and all it was was html and UBB coding.

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure at all. I'm no computer geek so feel free to correct me. All I know is I go to a thread with his stuff on it now and Nortons stops everything.... The first time was a total system shutdown and restart using Nortons diagnostics and scan.

Until I hear different I'm not visiting any other posts.

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
all that i changed was the picture...then it started to give warnings, now the picture is gone all should be ok.
everything should have been ok anyway i'll run a check and see what happens.

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay - back in action. This laptop came up with a Norton Freezeguard on this post. Ran the fix and now okay.

Can't figure this out. Two PCs and both didn't like it....
Now No.2 is okay. Back to No.1 and see........

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
With all the software I have access to there was no virus in any of the content put on these forums by myself.

Sorry to have caused this scare, and if problems persist mail me please.

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts
Nortons can be very suspicious of "ANYTHING" that it thinks even looks like it could be a virus. Most likely it's just nortons being overly protective.

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Thats what I was thinking... I had nortons for a while then it screwed me around like that too much so it got the flick

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Guys i am glad to report I have found the cause of the virus scare it is to do with a bit of a missunderstanding by the virus scanning software in question and one of the html tags i used, it was reporting a non malicious, non problematic bug in my code of all things. I assure everyone 100% that there was no virus or security risk to their system and the bug has been ironed out.

I also wish to clarify the belief that there are .exe files in my signature or in my posts this is not the case all I use is html coding the the few animated .gif image files both of which are non executable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
7 Participants
Donut King
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing