Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
always getting faster!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just letting those of you who dont know that the Warrnambool drags are finally back this sunday 8th February.
It is afew years since the last meet and we have had trouble getting council approval to get it up and running again. If you are free this weekend PLEASE help us out and show the local city council just how important drag racing is to the community..
The drag strip is at the Warrnambool Aerodrome, which is approx 10 k's north of Warrnambool (off Caramut Rd.) If you would like more details on how to get there or whatever you can email me at [email protected] , or call Peter Undy on 55605846.
Cheers..
Tim

·
Slurry Boostin
1,211 Posts
Is Warrnambool 1/8th mile?

Roughly how long is it in hours, in which direction from Melbourne?

Thanks

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Warnambool is 3 hours about from melb.

Lowy: can you post details of times it starts, costs to enter or spectate?

·
always getting faster!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the late reply guys, been busy...
It starts at 10am today, will run for I reckon the full day, it is an 1/8th mile track, brand new track, never been raced on....
Admission is $10 for adults, not sure about family prices though...
Worth a cruise down here for a look if you live nearby!!

·
always getting faster!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have another meet on in about 4 weeks..
For more info check out www.warrnambooldrags.com
Today was a really good turnout, plenty of quick cars and bikes, and plenty of stock streeters havin a go aswell...
Everyone is welcome!!

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
laminge said:
Wondering if we should have a FF cruise and drag day over a 2 day period down that way?
minge if youre serious about this then i can probably look at organising something if you like.

dave

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
all seriousness guys the drags were a really good turn out. i enjoyed myself heaps especially when the 1000hp car fired up. SICK MATE SICK! lol. FF should make a day of it next month and show all the commies and torries a thing or two and it would be good to see some FF cars and meet some of the guys off here....maybe even have our own section or something for spectating from?

·
2,512 Posts
is there anywhere that we can view the times guys? im interested to see what a few of the local boys were running...

one of my friends entered i think, saw her driving around with numbers on her window today

·
always getting faster!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Around 7 seconds was the flavour of the day, the website I linked you all to earlier will have the times and results posted in time to come, but as you may have gathered it is still under completion, only just been available to the public actually..
The track was a little scatey, mainly because it is so fresh, but I'm sure the next couple of meets will sort it out...
But the main thing to keep in mind is that we aren't just looking for hotties to get out there, we urge everyone to get out there and have a go.. eg. there was a 4 cylinder injected ka laser havin a go at it!!!
I better shut up now, startin to sound asthough I'm gettin paid for PR or somethin!!!

·
2,512 Posts
haha the laser wouldnt happen to be a white one with autopro sponsorship would it?!

·
always getting faster!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah it was Heathey!

·
2,512 Posts
you know him?! he is my cousin...

what time did he run? bit hard to get the power to the ground in it unfortunately

·
always getting faster!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know him, not real well though, he is actually a mate of a good mate of mine..
Not sure what time he ran though...
sorry.....

·
2,512 Posts
thats cool, which mate is that? i might know him too...spent many hours lapping with wazza and his mates!

that laser is a beast though, ill never forget passing a clubsport down the straight at winton in that thing! freaking awesome stuff!

·
'90 EA-II Fairmont
572 Posts
wow all these warrny ppl...

tickford2001 i've seen ur car down near the dive shop a few nights recently, you work in that whatever associates place?

i think i developed photos of the laser the other day; and there was a brown gt, think possibly "atufxy"

·
always getting faster!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The falcon is Ash Sumners, its not really a tuf xy, pretty piss weak actually!!
But atleast he got out there and had a go....

·
'90 EA-II Fairmont
572 Posts
hehe imagine my 3.9 _cfi_ ea (3.45 single spinner) lol

·
2,512 Posts
SileNceR said:
hehe imagine my 3.9 _cfi_ ea (3.45 single spinner) lol
well at least 3.45 diff is better than 3.23 or 2.92 like some falcons have!

i had no idea there was so many warrnamboolians

1 - 20 of 21 Posts