Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my SX Ghia AWD for its 45000 km service, first one out of warranty. Dealer discovered ball joint movement which may mean expensive repairs on the front end. Said excessive movement was apparent when they put it on the hoist, and the wearing would continue to worsen. He's reported it to Ford but no answer yet. Recommend you order a ball joint inspection and report at your next service.

·
fordmech
315 Posts
Sad but true.
It's a known fact that the front lower arm rearmost ball joint is the Territory's Achilles Heel. If you have a full service history with Ford dealers there's no reason for Ford Australia to deny a prior approval or good will claim and pay for the cost of the parts involved, at least in my experience. Talk to your dealer and see what they say
Marc

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that advice, Marc.
I spoke to the dealer, who got approval from Ford and the problem was fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ouch! Just had my 60,000 km/ 4 yr service (to co-incide with responding to the FORD territory recall to fix brake lines on 2005 SX Ghia models) and sure enough was told ball joints had excessive play. $1,000 later...... no, it was not in warranty. maybe I could still try a claim on FORD - sounds like some of you guys have had some success.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts