Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boss has had an XR6T signed up for a while now (over 2 months) and he still can't get it. He wanted to get one in the new blue colour they have had out for a while now. Basically he signed the sale agreement and was assigned a sido number. The delivery date arrived and past and this was a month ago. The dealer tried to get him to buy a phantom xr6 they had on the showroom but he'd prefer to wait for the blue. He went to another dealer who have said they can swap one of the cars they have at the moment for one in the blue colour he wants. So he rang Gorrells and cancelled the car he had signed up for.

Now the interesting bit.

He got a Solicitors Letter from Gorrells stating they are going to sue him for 15% of the cost of the car as there is a law saying that 15% is payable to the dealer in this type of event and you can't just cancel blah blah blah.
Gorrells cant even give a delivery date any more which is just plain poor.

I think it stinks that they have done this and Ive never heard of anyone being sued for cancelling a car.

Big thumbs down Gorrells.

·
Registered
738 Posts
you could argue that the first dealer failed their end of the contract by failing the delivery date by a significant margin. But I don't know if there are any clauses which would counter this in his contract. Otherwise Gorrells have failed their end of the agreement and he should be able to use that to get out.

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
eeek ! I fear if he straight out cancelled, without giving explanation or option to fix, he might be on shaky ground . . .
But paul has a good idea on this.

Has he taken delivery of the second car yet ? (or signed a contract with the second dealer ? ).

I'd be talking to a) a solicitor, b) gorrells fast to try and guilt them, and then c) bitching at Ford long and hard about crappy dealer treatment.

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gorrells are in Geelong, Vic, and are the biggest Falcon Seller in Australia (so they say)

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fact the dealer couldnt deliver the car on the date they said is what his solicitor is going to argue. They are confident they will beat it but it will still cost $1000 to do so.

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
NZ said:
The fact the dealer couldnt deliver the car on the date they said is what his solicitor is going to argue. They are confident they will beat it but it will still cost $1000 to do so.
yeah but if he wins dont gorrels pay for it anyway?

Ive got nothing good to say about them...service is terrible there to say the least.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Didn't BMW take away the franchise for their cars from Rex Gorrell, Geelong...says it all...and the reason they sell so many Falcons is the huge number of Ford Geelong workers that buy through the dealership with a special 5 week delivery turnaround. If there was a closer dealer then Werribee it would definielty NOT have such a boast.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
greetings all
i found that bayfords on sydney road offer good service when it comes to new car sales

Ken Mcleod is who i used & am considering going back there for a new car for the Handbrake

regards
rod

·
Registered
215 Posts
Why would the service at Gorells be any different? They have the monopoly on Geelong - a Ford town if there ever was one. Ford Aus should never have let Rex buy out that other Geelong dealer whose name has completely escaped me....

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
FoMoCo4eva said:
yeah but if he wins dont gorrels pay for it anyway?

Ive got nothing good to say about them...service is terrible there to say the least.
Yep i agree i have nothing good to say either they are a rip off, There spare parts decide to ask you what you were quoted on the phone when you get in there (everytime). I ask whats the screen price they say no what were you quoted I say no whats on the screen(Figure that out trying to make a buck or what if you say what you were quoted over the phone you can bet its 20% mark up on every other ford dealer)

They tried to ring my mum saying they had to flush and change 4 corners of her brakes. She give the phone to me and i told the bloke do you think im stupid. Listen mate leave them alone it was all done 4 weeks ago 4 bloody weeks ago thats no shit. Last time her car went there

There crap crap crap, There salesmen are hopeless they pay there employee's peanuts and teach there apprentices absolutly nothing its all about the turnover and ripping un suspected customers off at that joint. I would let my 5 Yo neice service my car before it was even parked in there service bay and then it would cost me 900 dollars for a service becuase they just add absolute crap to try and get money.

Sorry guys that place is a UTTER JOKE. Everyone i talk to that knows anything about cars hates the place. Its just to far away to get Genuine spare parts any where else.

He owns bloody half the dealers in town, he's ripping everyone off dry and living like a king in one of his 20 houses.

Oh its late and that about all im posting im just sick of the dealer ok.I have not even brought a car off them and feel very sorry for someone who has.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Hmm I wander if you said if this goes through I'll consider the offer over at Holden or whoever ???

Years ago I got a cheque back off Thomson Ford for they couldn't deliver.Paid for it and six weeks passed, no delivery, no pay...I'll never pay before delivery again...

·
Registered
774 Posts
In my dream world..... Counter sue gorrels for failing to fulfill their half of the contract and get them to pay 15% of the purchase price of the BA XR6T.. If they can sue you for not upholding your end of the deal then sue them for the same thing.. Welcome to my dream world i say.... F*#K `em

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
tranquilized said:
Why would the service at Gorells be any different? They have the monopoly on Geelong - a Ford town if there ever was one. Ford Aus should never have let Rex buy out that other Geelong dealer whose name has completely escaped me....
Colin Kerr Ford was the other dealer in Geelong Ben. And your right, they shouldn't have let Rex Gorell have the only dealer in town. If there was another dealer in town it would be funny to see how many people would switch dealers. I know I would, the service there is a joke and most people you talk to agree. Rex Gorell trying to take over half the town reminds me of Mr Burns on the Simpsons trying to control Springfield. I bet he also sits in his office and laughs about ripping people off.

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
bossxr8 said:
Colin Kerr Ford was the other dealer in Geelong Ben.
Before that it was Cam Dawson Ford.

·
Registered
215 Posts
AU1SIXA said:
There spare parts decide to ask you what you were quoted on the phone when you get in there (everytime). I ask whats the screen price they say no what were you quoted I say no whats on the screen(Figure that out trying to make a buck or what if you say what you were quoted over the phone you can bet its 20% mark up on every other ford dealer)
I dont mean to stick up for Rex, but I have to say your wrong there. I used to work in spare parts for Gorells and the only reason we asked what you were quoted on the phone was it avoid charging more or undercutting the price quoted by our workmates. The reason this is necessary is because they rarely charge full retail on any part for any customer. You may find this hard to believe but its true, no one is ever charged more than the retail price set by Ford.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Then why doesn't it happen like this...
Sir what were you quoted on the phone?
No you tell me what the screen says...
Screen says $189.
Oh i got quoted $160 on the phone..
Ok we'll only charge you $160 etc etc

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Absolute poor form shown by Gorrells on this occasion. One of the worst things I've ever heard come out of a Ford dealer.

I will always buy my vehicles through Strapps. I have never recieved better sales & after sales service in my 11 years of buying motor vehicles.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
I am surpised that Gorells didn't get the other xr6t at wholesale from the other dealer.
Holden ( dammit ) did exactly that when we got our VT 5 years ago ..they didn't have one so they sourced one from another dealer.

·
Blue Blood
1,375 Posts
NZ said:
My boss has had an XR6T signed up for a while now (over 2 months) and he still can't get it. He wanted to get one in the new blue colour they have had out for a while now. Basically he signed the sale agreement and was assigned a sido number. The delivery date arrived and past and this was a month ago. The dealer tried to get him to buy a phantom xr6 they had on the showroom but he'd prefer to wait for the blue. He went to another dealer who have said they can swap one of the cars they have at the moment for one in the blue colour he wants. So he rang Gorrells and cancelled the car he had signed up for.

Now the interesting bit.

He got a Solicitors Letter from Gorrells stating they are going to sue him for 15% of the cost of the car as there is a law saying that 15% is payable to the dealer in this type of event and you can't just cancel blah blah blah.
Gorrells cant even give a delivery date any more which is just plain poor.

I think it stinks that they have done this and Ive never heard of anyone being sued for cancelling a car.

Big thumbs down Gorrells.
If a customer gives you a confirmed Sido for a build of a car, then that are cannot be modified once it is entered into the system. This means that the options are fixed, the colour is fixed, and the car is GOING to be delivered to the dealer. Now its a matter if its a floating SIDO or fixed SIDO.

If its a fixed SIDO it means that Gorrells are going to be recieving a car they don't really want or don't have a firm buyer for. If its a floating SIDO and the car hasn't been built yet then it could transform into a Fairmont V8 or whatever.

If you have the SIDO give the ford CRC a call and ask them for the delivery date and delivery spec's (options, etc).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts