Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, the heart and soul of our race car has been acquired. I am the proud owner of a 2.5L V6 motor (complete), with tranny and half-shafts, axles, etc....

Now it's time to build'er up!!!

The race for 11's is on :D

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, Scamper - that means that the Fairfield PGL deali-o is off now - obviously you are still going to get your parts, so everything is fine :D

See if BAPOC wanst the GL :damack:

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
i could have a lot of fun wiht another GL but i don't think we have a place for it down here. as for the 2.5 that is a great starting point for the race car. hopefully we can find a body for it soooooooooon.. :D:D

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure the GL will still be around when yo move (hopefully at least a 2-car garage at your next place)...

Heyy - what if we drop the GT motor/tranny in the GL?? eh? I am planning on taking a welding class this semester, ya know...we'd need to weld in new motor mounts, new tranny mounts....the steering would have to be from a GT...

The only problem would be the axle dimensions - it appears that the struts may be very similar...

research time!!!

:D:D:D

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
i think it would be possible.. the ending compartments from what i noticed while owning 2 at the same time seem to be similar. i don't think it would take to much modifying to get it to work..

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, definitely worth a look then. I don't know how much the 1st gens weigh, but i heard it's very close to or more than a 2nd gen (around 2,700-2,800#)....gotta have that checked out 1st, too. I want the full race car (without driver) to tip the scales at no more than 2,200#....I think NIRA rules allow a minimum weight of 2,100 pounds, but i can't remember for sure. Duh - more stuff to look up...

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
hmmmmmmmm. i think we can get a 1st gen or a 2nd gen down to or below 2500 without a problem :D considering it'll be race only there is a lot of stuff we won't be needing..

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh man, I am going to have a blast removing stuff....(yeah, I'm looking a bit far ahead, but I can't hel it :D)....taking stuff off is my forte - just don't ask me to put anything back on the darn thing...

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
yeah.. i think gutting it will be pretty fun.. :D:D specially since you have such experience

S

·
0 Posts
I got all my hopes up, like WOOOOHOOOO!!! More parts for my car!! Then, I started to read on, it's sounds like your still interested in it for now. So I'll hold off the stripping campaign for a little while;)

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can strip all you want as long as you find cust......wait, are we still talking about the car? :eek: :eek: :eek:

What parts do you need off it?

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Take it all, Scamper!

I just realized we could use an MX-3 if we go strictly with a drag car...ackkk - too much thinking :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts