Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://foxsports.news.com.au/print/0,8668,8264673-23770,00.html
Webber named driver of year
December 27, 2003

AUSTRALIAN Formula One star Mark Webber has been named driver of the year by Britain's prestigious Autocar magazine.

It said Webber was the only driver in F1 "to have embraced the significance of Michael Schumacher's all-encompassing approach to racing".

Autocar said the 27-year-old Jaguar driver's "clear thinking, mental toughness, hyper-competitive nature and very real talent" would see him become a major player in the sport in the near future.

AAP

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
well done webber :hy: hope he does even better 2004...

·
EA Falcon owner
1,242 Posts
Congrats mark, they must be realising that he's something special. now all they have to do is give him a car that will have him competing for No.1 spot next year (hopefully he can win with Jaguar, but they will have to pull not just their finger out but their whole hand)

·
goooone
2,708 Posts
I would love to see him win at Jaguar but I think realistically he will need to be at the top 3 teams to show what he can really do.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
webber is by far my fav driver in f1,main reason he isnt trying to be something he aint.
michael shoebox is a try hard in my books.

·
Only a V8 Ute Will Do
203 Posts
And a deserved one at that. He's one of the rew drivers with a level head. Congrats Mark.

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
hoon69 said:
webber is by far my fav driver in f1,main reason he isnt trying to be something he aint.
I agree but also disagree.

You see Michael has completely dominated F1 for years now, he has every right to be cocky. And I sure hope he is trying hard because if he is just strolling around then expect F1 to be boring for the next 10 years.

On the other hand I dont like him, arrogant, just like scaife. But they are champions at what they do.

·
Registered
51 Posts
hoon69 said:
thats kind of pathetic dude, a try hard with 6 world championships? what does that make the rest of the field? no one other than Schu will have won a championship next year - THEY are the try hards.

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Well done to Webber,I look forward to seeing him on the podium soon.

·
AUTS50 #012
1,001 Posts
Well tell me something I don't know! (joke). Jokes aside, if Webbster doesn't win a F1 Championship before 2009, I'll buy and drive a Holden 'till my times up to meet Heavens gates.

·
AKA: Spaniard
848 Posts
Who would have thought this would happen? Certainly not me! Good on him I say.

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
Well done Webber.
People who hack on Schu are pathetic, the man is on track to become the greatest F1 driver that has ever been. Sure he's got the best car, but ya have to remeber that it was a peice of shit when he came to ferrari and it's become the best because the car has been built how he wants it.
He also won 1 or 2?? championships in an underpowered car with benneton.
Maybe he has an attitude that some don't like, but he is by far the best driver going around.

·
Rice Sucks
347 Posts
Ppl dont like Schu cos all we get is the biased Brit media in Aus.
Why dont people hate Mclarenfor the shite that Ron Dennis speaks. or how Frank Williams treats his drivers?? Theyre Brit teams.

Same how all u Ausies think the only soccer leauge that exists is the English premier leauge, its not even the best comp in Europe.

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
Congrats to Mark - top stuff! :hy:

A true ambassador for Australian motorsport

·
FPV Tasmania Member
961 Posts
Hmm I dont dislike Schumakers arrogance because of tthe british reporting, I just dislike his lack of personality, I do realise that he is the best driver about. I support william, probably gong back to when Alan Jones drove and won for them, Alsways had a soft spot for them since, and yes Ron Dennis reminds me of Jeff Gretch, both spoilt brats who cry if they dont get their own way.

Anyway, I will now follow any team that Mark Webber drives for, a real champion. Congratulations Mark

1 - 20 of 23 Posts