Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this was the saturday project. started at around 4.. finished sometime after midnight.. but took our time and did it right.. check it out.

the car right before we started..

My dirty ass motor.. lots of oil on the VC

no more intake or plug wires.

my dirty ass vc before i started working on it.

look MAA No sludge..

Me doing a little wet sanding

a little dirty :(

ready to rebuild

jon cleaning the gasket surface area..

after about 1/2 hour of messing with the VC.. this is what it looks like

and the finished product..

and the car that now shares a garage with mine

i've already added rims, tires, exhaust, intake, swaybars, Fstb,springs/struts, and carbon fiber dash kit to that prelude. it's my brothers GF's car.

·
"oh, you were racing?"
118 Posts
Wow, nice job on the VC? How did you get all the hard to reaach places in only a half hour? :dog3:

·
White men Cant Jump!
201 Posts
thecause17 said:
Wow, nice job on the VC? How did you get all the hard to reaach places in only a half hour? :dog3:
Ditoo. What super Fantastic thing did you use

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually i wetsanded using carb cleaner instead of water.. then soaked the vc's in soapy water then used Mothers Mag/alluminum polish.. that stuff is amazing.. can polish anything with it..

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
pretty.. blue looks good under the hood.. blue all around eh? :s6:

·
"oh, you were racing?"
118 Posts
tony95pgt said:
actually i wetsanded using carb cleaner instead of water.. then soaked the vc's in soapy water then used Mothers Mag/alluminum polish.. that stuff is amazing.. can polish anything with it..
I never heard of wetsanding with carb cleaner. I might have to give taht a try, I've been wanting to polish my front VC.

I will vouvh for the Mother's polish though. That's what I used to use on my polished stockers when I had them.

·
Dual Probe Member
14 Posts
more info!

yeah, I can vouch for that stuff! I was there!!! I was amazed though at the instant results. I've done a lot of underhood engine polishing on the SE (look for pics soon!) but it all took a lot longer with me using other products. So, Kristen and I went out and bought Mothers after that weekend! :s5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts