Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
weight of my car, ea sedan with me in it with little fuel came to 1620kg. alot heavier than i thought. its on gas btw too, so maybe the tank in the boot adds the extra? but yeah surprising

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
Yeah the gas tank adds quite a bit. I haven't used my gas system in over a year, but the tank is still sitting there full of gas weighing my car down.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol my race weight would have been a few kilos more than that possibly, as i have to have enough fuel to get home from heathcote!
but the 3.9 does allright, it will be interesting to see what it can produce at heathcote on the 10th.

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
How heavy are you? My XH ute was 1600kg without me in it.
They are damn good times considering the cars weight, if our dyno results are comparable, my ute should run a low 14, if I drive it as good as you do.

Rick.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if u have a lsd and some good rubber u should be fine. at calder with the 3.45lsd and 225's it had heaps of grip. different story with a 2.92 open wheeler.
im 85kg on a good day, maybe if my g/f drives it ill get a 13 second pass lol

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
I have a 9" LSD in the ute, but the clutches are stuffed. I'm rebuilding it over the next couple of weeks. It's also 3.5:1.
Rubber is 255/40/17, so there is plenty of meat, though it still lights them up far to easy.
I feel the suspension is too firm for decent launches, it's more setup for circuit racing.

Rick.

·
Wannabe mechanic :)
694 Posts
Hmm, over 1.6tonne is kinda nasty, but also good.. the more it weighs, the more there is to remove :) If you can drop a couple hundred kg of creature comforts (seats are pretty useless, as are doors, if you think about it :), you could run 13's :)

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Does anyone actually know the rules with running with no door trims? If you really wanteed to go lightweight you could remove the trims, back seat, passenger seat, carpet, centre console, spare tire, make up some polucarbonate windows, remove both headlights, put some steelie tires on (if they were lighter). I guess if you had to run with something on the doors you could make something out of cardboard to keep them happy.

Flat 14 for a goal anyone?

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
are you still using the gas? if not rip the bloody tank out! they weigh nearly 100kg when full!

you did a 14.6 with 135rwkw and 1620kg....im hoping to get my car a little lighter than that, supposedly EB fairmont I6s were 1550, the XR6 should be about or less than that. have a stezza, but no spare tyre, jack or wheel brace (22kg saving there) trying to rebuild the stereo to drop another 5-10kg (out of like 50 or 60!!!) and i only weigh 67kg dripping wet...and should have about the same rwkw as Soxx when the engine is done - maybe i can go play with the stock GenIIIs after all???? that would be bloody unbelievable, taking out a mighty GenIII with a six!!!

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i try and put in as much gas as i need to get there, and 1/4 tank of petrol. i will be taking all other stuff out u mentioned though. whats a spare tyre weigh? i ran at calder with it and all my tools in the back!! cant trust dodgy western suburbs! haha

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
well i weighed my mums spare the other day (EF fairmont 15x6" alloy with 205 tyre) and it was 18kg.

my spare was a 225 on a 15x7 alloy rim, and combined with the jack and handle i think it would weigh about 22kg - i should weigh it its sitting in the garage :D

so your car does 135rwkw through a gas mixer??????

·
Wannabe mechanic :)
694 Posts
Yeah, I've always wondered, qwikcorty, do you run your best times on LPG? Does the petrol side of things hold up, or does it still lean out too early?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
a 70litre LPG tank with 70litres of LPG in it, will weigh 70kg's or there abouts.
remember LPG weighs less then ULP :)

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
then the weight of the tank will bring it up to around 100kg

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
on dyno days i run without the mixer, but with airbox and all. On drag days no mixer or airbox just a 3inch pipe. the petrol used to lean out with the 250kpa reg, but not with the 300kpa one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts