Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To be honest I have a knot in my stomach that I can't get rid of.

At the start of the season I think we all had high hopes. At the end of the season I am not sure things will ever get better.

I have been critical of Ford multi support theme in the past and after reading posts on other sites and in both the motorsport mags, I find myself compelled to make the following comments.

GMS is a bit of a joke. Actually I feel betrayed that the team structure was promoted as it was when only now it is becoming clear that it was a blantant lie. And for what purpose???? A team with Craigs profile being unable to attract a sponsor!!!!!!!

I was right behind the appointment of Craig and I still am. But never at the expensence of existing loyal Ford teams. This came at a cost of a naming right team. You put that sort of money behind FTR and the results would have been there this year. Instead FTR is heading for its forth restructure in as many years, and the strong possibility of losing a great driver in Steven

Now it appears as though Mobil have pulled support of FTR to concentrate on GMS, a team that right now comes across as a hoax.

So in essence Mobils decision to support GMS( or what ever they will call em selves) has cost FTR the second car. In other words in order to keep Rodney Forbes and Neil in a job the team that carries the Tickford name is reduced to a joke.

Will be very interesting if Fords multi car support extends to proping up FTR to allow the second car to continue, or if that policy is a hoax as well.

·
Mr. Embargo
3,745 Posts
I'm just as bitter about this as you HSE2. I have been against the support structure since day 1, and unfortunately my worst fears of where it would lead Ford to are becoming a reality.

If this sort of stuff happens throughout next year I will make sure someone at ford racing hears about it, and I encourage others to as well.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
To be honest I have a knot in my stomach that I can't get rid of.
Summed it up brilliantly Ian.. Well said. :thup:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RPO83 said:
I'm just as bitter about this as you HSE2. I have been against the support structure since day 1, and unfortunately my worst fears of where it would lead Ford to are becoming a reality.

If this sort of stuff happens throughout next year I will make sure someone at ford racing hears about it, and I encourage others to as well.
Yes I am afraid I am not very clear minded on this topic as yourself I have had this fear all year, maybe even to the point of being unreasonable

I have written to Ford and Tickford on this subject. I have had a reply from two people but I can't say what there opinion is mainly because they were carefull with words. I know what they wanted to say but that isn't the right thing to post.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
RPO83 said:
If this happens throughout next year I'll be filthy.
Just remember one important fact guys. With all this who-ha and crap flying around who wins at the end of the day? Holden do.. That's the bit that shytes me right off.. All this crap so they can keep on kicking our arse.. Oh phucken joy!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ford Man said:

If this happens throughout next year I'll be filthy.
Just remember one important fact guys. With all this who-ha and crap flying around who wins at the end of the day? Holden do.. That's the bit that shytes me right off.. All this crap so they can keep on kicking our arse.. Oh phucken joy!
Kinda of like they have hit an interanl self destruct button.

The Lowndes move I guess in reality was always going to create problems

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
Kinda of like they have hit an interanl self destruct button.

The Lowndes move I guess in reality was always going to create problems
Which is why I think we're all spewing.. It's just not right..

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and that word interanl is actually internal. right hand types quicker then the left

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
2001 would have to be Fords (world wide) most depressing year in Motorsport.

I too feel really let down every time a Ford fails to bring home the goods, when they could have. Bathurst this year was a good example CAR 18 would have been way out in front if they didn't pull it in for rain tyres while other didn't.

Here's hoping 2002 is better for all of us loyal followers of the Blue Oval!

·
Australian XD Member
92 Posts
I to feel betrayed by the whole GMS thing, if this is Fords way of trying to win back suporters they should have stuck to the bloody tennis.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
XD XR6 said:
I to feel betrayed by the whole GMS thing, if this is Fords way of trying to win back suporters they should have stuck to the bloody tennis.
Right now I feel the same way!

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
XD XR6 said:
I wouldn't go quite that far myself. GMS has had some good moments this year and it was their first with a falcon so they've done ok. Just the basic set up of Ford Racing sucks atm..

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ford Man said:

I wouldn't go quite that far myself. GMS has had some good moments this year and it was their first with a falcon so they've done ok. Just the basic set up of Ford Racing sucks atm..
I don't think ihe is referring to the on track stuff, it is more to do with the persons name on the team being other then the man in charge. The press statements that said one thing but actually meant something different altogether

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Yeah that's a bit ordinary.. Maybe we should launch a BSR takeover bid. Seems to be a bit of it flying around the V8 paddocks at the moment..

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Again, I say - Screw Forbes!

Ford has paid ultra bucks for Lowndes, and put money into keeping Ambrose. Start a fully backed Ford Racing team with these two as drivers, and Skaife/HRT can eat Dunlop dust.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Venom XR said:
Again, I say - Screw Forbes!

Ford has paid ultra bucks for Lowndes, and put money into keeping Ambrose. Start a fully backed Ford Racing team with these two as drivers, and Skaife/HRT can eat Dunlop dust.
Ok and where do you stand on Glenn and Steven the Tickford name and the Prodrive link with FTR. What should Ford do with them?

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
Ok and where do you stand on Glenn and Steven the Tickford name and the Prodrive link with FTR. What should Ford do with them?
4 car super team. Every other bastard's doing it so I reckon we should too..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts