Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
freelance
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/s1031496.htm

Skaife gets Australia Day honours for services to motor sport, what-tha, when does the dummy spit to end all dummy spits and a suspended sentance for "bringing the sport into disrepute" constitute services to motor sport.

What kind of out of touch wombats give these awards.

I do commend snozz's efforts for charity but they are no more or less than many other public figures.

Next think they'll be giving Steve Irwin an award for child-care, or Steve Bracks an award for photography.

Go Figure!

·
EA Falcon owner
1,242 Posts
won 5 championships. won 3 or 4 bathursts. had a huge dummy spit that got major media coverage, failed (not totaly) as owner driver, had more downforce because of his snozz.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I reccon the idiot deserves the prize actually, even thought the guys a total @#$*^.

Just think that the last round and what followed has over-shaddowed what a great driver he is, or should that be was hehehehehe!

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
just like all the other holden drivers that get commemorated... load of shite!!! what happend to make the dummy spit suddenly become services to motorsport... what a load.. :bash: :beatup:

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
I heard this on the radio this morning and thought it was funny. Services to charity?... Is that supposed to be the wins he let Ford have last season? Of course he'd never lose if he was trying! :hl:

·
AUTS50 #012
1,001 Posts
RED_EL_XR8 said:
Next think they'll be giving Steve Irwin an award for child-care.
Ha ha, I heard on the news Steve Irwin was a close 2nd to Steve Waugh for Australian of the year, just imagine if he won! Now that definitly would've been a "CROCK" for sure.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
doesn't deserve such a award.

·
known as tibbo
2,033 Posts
yea i give him credit where it's due

He is worthy of a medal.. he has been at the pointy end for years now and has taken the next step buying the team.. we are not talking about chicken feed here.. its big $$$.. add to that the time he and his family spent raising and donating money to charity, all the work he puts in with HSV ,, gee not many people have such a diverse workload and could still excel like he has...

One tantrum ( in the heat of the moment) shouldn't detract from his achievements

FFS we're letting Shane Warne play cricket again and he was proven as a cheat! A tantie doesn't even compare to that

Congrats to Skaifie

·
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe
1,290 Posts
lol @ the pic

he deserves NOTHING geez! what is it with australia and skaife? he cant drive, its just that he had a quicker car than ford, and as holden as a major sponser, money is no object... just shows you how f'd up some things are.....

they probably gave it to sooky sooky just so that he dont sook like a little f'n baby that he is....

·
More horsepower required
612 Posts
He drives a Holden , so who gives a shit anyway . :angel:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Rastus said:
I heard this on the radio this morning and thought it was funny. Services to charity?... Is that supposed to be the wins he let Ford have last season? Of course he'd never lose if he was trying! :hl:
Apparently he has a couple of Ronald Mc Donald house rooms named after him "temple of the big schnozz" or something like that in recognition of his services to the organisation. Perhaps he just has a Ronald Mc Donald house in his schnozz! It's big enough!

·
Holden Member
52 Posts
You guy's amaze me,funny how the only thing you guys remember is that dummy spit he had.
This thread is a BIG dummy spit at it's best!

·
freelance
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chris5ltr said:
You guy's amaze me,funny how the only thing you guys remember is that dummy spit he had.
This thread is a BIG dummy spit at it's best!
No mate we remember all snozz's dummy spits, right back to the bastard acts in the one make series!

sevices to motor sport, yeah right. Next you'll be having us believe brock won 10 REAL bathursts.

·
Holden Member
52 Posts
RED_EL_XR8 said:
No mate we remember all snozz's dummy spits, right back to the bastard acts in the one make series!

sevices to motor sport, yeah right. Next you'll be having us believe brock won 10 REAL bathursts.
So is he the only one to have dummy spits,lets count up the ones with D1ckhead Johnson's dummy spits and you will find good old Dick out does Mark 2/1.
They all have dummy spits,but the focus seemed to be on Skaife because he is such I hiprofile driver.(the best 3 years in a row;))

I never realized you guys were so narrowed minded!

·
Registered Abuser
226 Posts
It is Ford Forums after all !!

·
Holden Member
52 Posts
GT BLOKE said:
It is Ford Forums after all !!
So you guys don't beleave in giving credit where credit is due?

How sad!

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
I'd have to say guys, I agree with Chris5ltr. I think skaife is a reasonable guy, who has done pretty well in the sport over the years, and I think has been a reasonable ambassador, even remembering dummy spits (most of us, including sports stars have had some).
I wasn't aware of his charity work, but hey, good on him. If he's using his position to benefit others (and sick kids at that), I'm happy to stand up and salute him - its a bloody good thing to do.
The main objections seem to be that he's spit the dummy, or drives a holden. Let the debate rage on about the professionalism of a tanty, but objecting on the basis of him driving a holden is just pathetic and one eyed - exactly what people like to accuse the holden owners/drivers of being . . .

1 - 20 of 35 Posts