Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
formerly sikEA
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Just thought i'd let all of you who might give a damn know whats been doing. I have just flown back from Melbourne after spending Christmas in Albury. Good weather, good pressies, decent family gatherings etc etc all good. that hume highway is a bloody nice road to drive on too.

And country victorian women are not only bloody hot, but nice as pie too. Stupid Brisbane skanks lol.

But anyway, BIG news is im leaving Brisbane in three weeks to move to sydney. Yes, I finally got my conformation that I will be starting on Jan 28 with Qantas Airways as a Aircraft Maintenance Enginner (Apprentice) - Avionics. To say im stoked is an understatement. Today I also had the joy of resigning from my previous job, almost 5 years in Retail has taught me to hate it.

Anyway, im in a hell of a rush, just thought i'd spill a little info, now I have to find the time to read all I have missed here (looks like a bloody lot lol)

Oh yeah, it may also mean i only have another 3 weeks as a REGULAR Forums contributor, plans are to buy a computer before I go but affording the net might prove difficult for a while. but im sure I will be back....once an addict they say....

·
FCT ROCKS QLD
180 Posts
Congrats on the new job.
You will have to come out to harrys on friday nite and say good bye to everyone who will be there.
Whats the weather like in Albury at around easter as i will be there then.
Ill have to keep a look out for the hot chicks down there.
Cheers
Nudge

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
keep in touch sweety pie :D
good to see things are going well, congrats on the news!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
sikEA said:
And country victorian women are not only bloody hot, but nice as pie too. Stupid Brisbane skanks lol.
Yep, most of them are! I was pretty close to a chick that moved there to go to uni about two years ago. She was pretty hot when she left, but I saw her yesterday and she must have put on like, at least 50kgs!!! She said, hi Ash and I was like, OH MY GOD!!, I mean hi.

Enough of that, I've gone way off topic. Congratulations on the apprenticeship man, it should be a great experience for you. :thup:

Ash

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
sikEA said:
Today I also had the joy of resigning from my previous job, almost 5 years in Retail has taught me to hate it
haha, I had the joy of telling woolworths where to stick their job last week too. Im starting a diesel mechanic apprenticeship next week.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
congrats on the new job... u'll have to work out how to fit a jet engine into your EL :p

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
make sure ya get us all a jet engine to stick in our cars!

anyways congrats on the new job hope ya like it there --- and i hope the move from brissy to sydney will be a safe one!

·
Registered
367 Posts
congrats on the new job; hope the move goes well & don't stay off line for to long

MIKE

·
Registered Loser
80 Posts
Pleased to hear you got your job mate. Got plans to fit a cruise or two b4 you head off?

Oh, and yeah, Vic women are bloody hot, thats why I married one. *LOL*

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
barry_v said:
haha, I had the joy of telling woolworths where to stick their job last week too. Im starting a diesel mechanic apprenticeship next week.
Ohhhh god im looking forward to that day, Woolworths can go and suck my .......erm.......i mean.........4yrs is plenty with them!

Good job on the aprenticeship mate. Hope all goes well.

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
yeah its good to see the arse end of woolworths, and i was only there 4 months! I cant imagine how happy you'd be to leave there after 4-5 years...

·
formerly sikEA
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys

Today I found out more about my package, its not going to cost me a single cent to get down there. Fuel, removals etc all pad for. Rental bond again paid for.

Feels bloody awesome knowing the rest of my life is only a few weeks ahead of me!

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
sad to loose a QLD E-series member :(

you have to come to Harrys on friday nite to say goodbye man, even though i have only ever met you once i think :S when you had your EA.

never even seen your EL!

·
Phat Drift Damage Victim
985 Posts
Yeh Garth buddy ol' pal, one last meet before you hit the road, you can come and pay out my car for the last time too if your lucky!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
theres harry's this friday: CAMP on the 17th jan 04 a final send off if you will,will be sad to see another E series dude from qld go,but good luck with it,now your in nsw at least once on the net you'll still be around.good luck with it all,i only met you once,come out friday you got 5 of us hunting you down to come out*winks*

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
Hey sik, well the time has come huh. It seemed so far away! You will love your new job. I have a mate who is in his final year of the apprenticeship that you are doing. He spent I think 2 years in Newcastle and travelled to Sydney for TAFE exams etc. Now he is on BNE on the flight line and is loving it. Please stay in touch and please come along to Harrys! It is great to know that there will be an accommodating x-qld E series member in SYD should I ever be passing through ;)

All the best in 2004 mate, I must say, I am a little jealous!

·
I am a Turbo Wanker
2,379 Posts
(Ignition) You left my party to post this?! Hahahah - we are all online now :wnc:

·
formerly sikEA
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry guys, wont be able to make it to Harry's friday night as I have other plans already. I'll keep an eye out for meets and stuff, they are pretty regular I see, so im sure I'll catch one before I go

1 - 20 of 21 Posts