Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ynot-yblock
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a good question for Lukeh, but can anybody say what "salvage yard" flathead v-8's are selling for lately? A friend of mine who lives way out in the boonies has three apparently complete flatties, and with the rising value of scrap metal, he is considering selling them for scrap!!!! I'm trying to convince him that there really is a market for these things. My only motivation is to see these motors get to the people that want or need them. I've not seen the motors but two of them have been in a shed for years, the other is outdoors but "covered up" somehow. May not even be good cores, but I'd rather sombody make a cool mailbox stand out of them before they go to China for scrap metal!!!

·
Registered
917 Posts
seemorri said:
This might be a good question for Lukeh, but can anybody say what "salvage yard" flathead v-8's are selling for lately? A friend of mine who lives way out in the boonies has three apparently complete flatties, and with the rising value of scrap metal, he is considering selling them for scrap!!!! I'm trying to convince him that there really is a market for these things. My only motivation is to see these motors get to the people that want or need them. I've not seen the motors but two of them have been in a shed for years, the other is outdoors but "covered up" somehow. May not even be good cores, but I'd rather sombody make a cool mailbox stand out of them before they go to China for scrap metal!!!
All dependant on the actual build and head stud number , its even possible to buy a new flaty out of Asia somewhere so they still have a use on generators and with rodders , you could anything from a $5.00 bill to hundreds condition related.

·
ynot-yblock
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have my buddy count studs. You can really buy a new one? Now that I think of it, remember Drake motors from a few years ago? They were trying to reproduce entire, original configuration '34 Ford cars from scratch, I suppose they had somebody making flat motors. I'm gonna google asian flatheads and see what up...

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
They are called ********** from that region...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts