Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Nothing

Votes: 6 40.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to restore the orig. paint. Its in pretty good shape thus far, but its getting brighter! I love a white car sometimes.

·
Hardcore GL Tuner
190 Posts
Hmmm...

Seriously i'd have to say everything. The probe will always be a project to me:)

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
I do not see an option for "everything" up there....

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
The definition of restoring is to bring it back to it's original condition. I do not plan on restoring the paint, since it's so far gone - yes I do plan on painting it however but I do not consider that restoring since it will not be the original paint.

The interior is already good, so I don't need to worry about restoring that.

Even the engine I am not restoring, since I consider modding not restoring.

So I am the only one that voted that I am not restoring anything, since I am merely upgrading.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vulcan, when someone like me dosent have the money for a new paint job, bringing back the current one is my only choice. My interior and engine are in fantastic shape, so Im not concentrating on those at this time. The body is in great shape too. A couple minor things, but nothing to worry over too much.

·
DESIGN is my LIFE
104 Posts
'61 Ford Galaxie

·
"Sweet Pea"
172 Posts
On the probe I am glad to say NOT A DAMN THING 97 with 29k miles is still wonderful :hy:

other than that I am just trying to restore my sanity!! :wnc:

·
Probe GT Member
18 Posts
I am always working on the paint... if it isn't this, it's that. Polishing, waxing, washing... always gets dirty, I just can't understand it!

·
Just some guy...
553 Posts
Vulcan Power said:
The definition of restoring is to bring it back to it's original condition. I do not plan on restoring the paint, since it's so far gone - yes I do plan on painting it however but I do not consider that restoring since it will not be the original paint.

The interior is already good, so I don't need to worry about restoring that.

Even the engine I am not restoring, since I consider modding not restoring.

So I am the only one that voted that I am not restoring anything, since I am merely upgrading.
You are not the only one.... having been the original owner of this car I restore nothing.... I upgrade everything.... whether I can afford it or not... :s6: :s6: :s6:

·
Registered
16 Posts
1970 VW typeIII Faskback (my dad bought this one new in '70). Engine & trans are rebuilt, but out of the car. I removed the factory F/I for dual webers ICT-34's. Still has the automatic trans (not auto-stick... automatic). Repainting is next. :)

Pictue is not actual car.... but correct color.

Attachments

G

·
1975 Chevrolet Cosworth Vega
Paint, Body, Interior, Engine, Trans, Rear, Suspension, Electrical System, Brakes. Did I leave anything out?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts