1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
1,415 Posts
I own a few Mustangs, but have two '17s, a GT and a 350R. The absolute best mod made to my GT was getting rid of the Pirellis and spooning on a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4's. The change was drastic. The car is predictable and sticks like bubble gum. A Ford Motorsport front tower strut tightened up the steering input and a FORD cold air intake with FORD tune was good for a seat of the pants HP increase.

·
Super Moderator
1,415 Posts
Lately, I have been using synthetic polish instead of the carnauba wax I have been using for many years. I am still undecided which is better, they both shine like new, but the synthetic is way easier to apply and doesn't turn the black plastic white, so the car gets waxed more often with synthetic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just did the all fluids and filter thing a couple of weeks ago after passing 8500 miles. Last mod was changing all bulbs to Diode Dynamics LED’s in the spring. I’ve been using Mequire’s Hybrid Ceramic wax.

·
Super Moderator
1,415 Posts
Very nice! I am using Mcguires 2.0 synthetic polish. Does the McGuire's hybrid ceramic leave white residue on your black? How long have you been using the Mcguires hybrid? I also DSC00139.JPG DSC00178 - Copy.JPG have a concern about how synthetic affects the vinyl stripes on my GT500 and 350R. Dark cars, like your's, really show off a good shine. Our 5.0 ruby red California Special (not shown) and the blue GT seem to look best with a good polish.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very nice! I am using Mcguires 2.0 synthetic polish. Does the McGuire's hybrid ceramic leave white residue on your black? How long have you been using the Mcguires hybrid? I also View attachment 52299 View attachment 52300 have a concern about how synthetic affects the vinyl stripes on my GT500 and 350R. Dark cars, like your's, really show off a good shine. Our 5.0 ruby red California Special (not shown) and the blue GT seem to look best with a good polish.
Nice stable! Is that a Panther I see in the background? My first application was last April about a month before Shelbyfest. It was my first one so I wanted her to look sharp. I did notice a white haze but found out I had used way to much. Newby mistake. It’s all good now. After a few washes it was gone. I’ve only done one other application since and been pretty impressed with how it’s holding up. No affect to the stripes. They’re painted vinyl. I still use carnuba on the Raptor. LOTS of arm work on that monster. :giggle:

·
Super Moderator
1,415 Posts
Raptor!!!! Yeh!!! We have a home in Baja, Raptors are right at home there. If I could afford two new trucks this year, the second would be a Raptor, but we need more towing ability. I have a 2020 F250 on order. Not what I want, but what I need. Good to hear about the wax. The Shelby Club recommended Liquid Glass. It was great, but I had to go out of state to get it, and they finally went out of business. So now I use Mcguire's 2.0 100% synthetic polish. It's very easy to apply and doesn't turn the rubber or plastic white. That is an '05 CV Sport in the background. It's the car that always works and I've always enjoyed Panthers. BTW, I thought you said you had a '17.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Raptor!!!! Yeh!!! We have a home in Baja, Raptors are right at home there. If I could afford two new trucks this year, the second would be a Raptor, but we need more towing ability. I have a 2020 F250 on order. Not what I want, but what I need. Good to hear about the wax. The Shelby Club recommended Liquid Glass. It was great, but I had to go out of state to get it, and they finally went out of business. So now I use Mcguire's 2.0 100% synthetic polish. It's very easy to apply and doesn't turn the rubber or plastic white. That is an '05 CV Sport in the background. It's the car that always works and I've always enjoyed Panthers. BTW, I thought you said you had a '17.
I used Liquid Glass for many years. There’s a couple of guys over on the GT500 forum who have loads of it stashed away. I haven’t had any issues with whitened plastic but now I will definitely monitor that. I just picked up a 2020 Ranger and was surprised to learn it will tow 7500 lbs with the tow package. Which is fine for now. I am disappointed it doesn’t have a built in trailer brake controller like the Raptor but I have one in my Ford accessories cart at the moment. I bet the Panther is a commute machine. That was @FreddyG with the ‘17 5.0.
My lil bro just got a great deal on PPL2 5.0 with the magnaride and keeps telling me I have to try it out. Soon, bro, soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts