Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, done some more crap to the ford for its very soon to be done re-spray

basicly i ripped all the guts outa the car, this is a job i woudnt wisj apon my worst enemy to be honest,it was 45 degrees in the car!!

the wiring loom-

and i did a BIT OF COLOR CODING TO.

cheers.joe.

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
so whats the colour going to be for this beast?

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
Its not fun is it!?? I did that 2 or three times. It is easier if you removed the whole steering column and the hand break.

I also just noticed the colour of the EA there is exactly the same as mine ;)

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
Now wheres this wire go again??? lol... :p cant wait to see what she looks like after the respray!!!!

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
Oh I hate doing stuff like that, congrats on not getting peeeved with it... altought taking it apart is the easy bit!

·
3,287 Posts
lucky the EA's didnt have pretensioners afaik. My seatbelts were a cinch to remove.

·
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the car is going to be sprayed in mercury silver.

walky if you wouldnt mind? i am interested in doing the el dash conversion thingy,

i was wondering what wiring changes are needed?, i'll be running a stand alone ecu (obviously!! lol) and aftermarket gauges (no factory ones to be fitted).

so basicly i am just wondering whats needed to to the job in reguards to installing the dash, the main thing would be the clock and the heater gear.

cheers.joe.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
man thats a lot of shit ;)
hope u got somewhere to store it :p

·
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the guts didnt take long, it only took about 5 hrs all up.

i've got to revome the backing of the rear seats, the parcel tray and the rear seatbelts. i have to leave the steering collum so i can steer the car around the back yard and onto the tow truck.

spray job is beiung done by oxenford panelworks... havent heard much about them but i am keen to give them ago, as they are dead keen on getting involved in this project

they are knocking off 1000 bucks of the price,

i've got to do all the prep work first (all of it excluding primer) theres a few dings, and what not, i've got to finished off the rear tailight install and the rear garnish., then theres the frount end to install as well.

once thats all done i'll take it in to be sprayed.

cheers.joe.

·
Registered
529 Posts
If you are repairing the dings yourself I have a longboard and a few little bits you can borrow if you want. Its generally not worth buying these things if you are only doing it once.

I don't know about Oxenford Panel Works but Harbour Town Smash repair do really good spray work.

Also is Mercury Silver one of the new XR paint colours?? I am currently doing my bike in Blueprint (the light blue).

·
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
laminge said:
/me runs into back yard and mixes all bolts and screw around, adds a couple here and there, and removes others...
go ahead... i've got all new stainless steel bolts and screws to be installed all over the car sitting there in the room, thankfully all interior screws are the same :p HAHA!!

oh and how the hell do you know where i live?:p

effalcon- all the stuff was thrown back in to the car (messily and not bolted in!!) we are just finishing off a dato 1200 ute in the shed first once thats done and sold i'll have the 20x10ft shed back to my self again hehehehehehe

cheers.joe.

·
Team Betta Racing
123 Posts
So gm, how much is this gonna cost you? I wanted to get mine sprayed Phantom Mica, $4000. But i've had a better offer of $1500 cash (back to factory S6 colour).

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
when you get it back i wonna see how it turned out im looking around for colours for my ea!

·
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
not ford said:
If you are repairing the dings yourself I have a longboard and a few little bits you can borrow if you want. Its generally not worth buying these things if you are only doing it once.

I don't know about Oxenford Panel Works but Harbour Town Smash repair do really good spray work.

Also is Mercury Silver one of the new XR paint colours?? I am currently doing my bike in Blueprint (the light blue).
mmmm blue print bike...mmmmm

yeah i dont realy know alot about oxenford panel works, but i saw their work, it was not bad at all!

and yes harbour town smash repairs does do a nice spray job. pity they charge a bit and didnt want to come on board and help me out,

and i didnt like the fella i spoke to, his attitude towards me wasnt the best it could have been, he thought i was shitting him round wasting his time!! and when he asked me whu even bother turboing a ea i propmtly said good bye.

maybe it was just him or a very bad day, but for me customer service is paramount, if they arent enthusiastic about their customers dreams well they wont get work from me.

but NOT FORD thank you for the offer, i may just pick up that offer from you, my old man is a retired panel beater he has a few tools left form his working days, but he reackons he threw some out, if so, i'll take you up on that offer.

i wont be doing this just once tho, i've got another ea to re-spray for myself then i have to re-spray my luscious valiant s series.

and yes the color is from the ba xr color its in the no boundaries xr6 ad on telly. but this will have an orange pearl in it, to off set the orange leather interior plan to be done shortly after the exterior re-spray

cheers.joe.

·
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
coxy321 said:
So gm, how much is this gonna cost you? I wanted to get mine sprayed Phantom Mica, $4000. But i've had a better offer of $1500 cash (back to factory S6 colour).

i'd rather not say, at the respect for the panel shop, they are doing me a great deal, but have asked not to repeat the price to others as they are loosing money on it!!

the reason the cost difference in your application is to respray the car an original color is easy as you dont have to fully strip the car, a color chage requires full striping of the car.

strip it your self, do the prep work and you should get it done for no more then 1500.

cheers.joe.

·
Registered
120 Posts
yeees alot of work there... i remember doing the same thing to an XF i once had. The fun part is having to pull it all apart again to track down and get rid of the annoying rattling sound that has appeared 2 days after you put it all back in the car. Have fun.

·
3,287 Posts
If your not going to implement EECV or EF/L cluster it will be not to bad. It would require an EF/L dash and wiring looms, from here you would need to spice the EF/L conectors (to AC/Lights/steering column) onto your existing EA loom. The dash itself will bolt in no problem.

Looks to be a common mod soon.

Should be a ripper when its finnished.

Should be intresting having 2 turbo EA's both with EF/L interiors. Just a shame mine will be 450bhp down on yours

1 - 20 of 29 Posts