Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Dc_todd
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is a simple question that I hope has a simple answer, I have a 95 EF XR6, I am in the process of installing Cruise Control on it, trouble is, besides the fact that I have been waiting 2 months for a preasure switch that I have paid for, I have the buttons that go on the steering wheel, here is my scenario.

Got the buttons from a wrecker, no Idea what model they are off but definatly from an Ef or EL, I have the actuator, Installed and good to go, the preasure switch I know about.

now the question.

do the plugs on the switch gear change between the EF and EL series? this is an XR mind you so it has the ABS option and the loom plug is present for the actuator, but their are no visible plugs for the switch gear to plug into. I've pulled ½ my dash apart tring to find em and the only solution I can come up with is that I have the switch gear out of an EL and the plug configuration had changed between the 2 series.

can anyone confirm this for me?

·
Australian BA XR6 Falcon
1,249 Posts
I threw CC into my old SI EF XR6 without any problems although i'm pretty sure the donour was an EF.

The under bonnet loom had a plug for the pressure switch, the actuator loom plugged into that big connector (had a blank in it) where the actuator sits, apart from the cable to TB, that was it under the bonnet.

Just a thought, didn't the ABS changed between the EF/L? My EF had the ABS module sitting in the left fender, I think later models had a module sitting under the bonnet near the master cylinder?

Dash wise, nothing to do except add the CC buttons. I had the complete steering wheel from the donour car, just removed the buttons + associated wiring which included the horn buttons irc, ripped the horn only buttons/wiring from my wheel, changed the shell over (didn't bother cutting mine) and added the CC stuff, plugged it into that small rectangular connector on the plastic wheel thingy and away I went.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts