Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So your Probe folks, how is the GT diff from all the other probes?? Other then exter styling, what IS IT?

·
Hardcore GL Tuner
190 Posts
They're fast, duh!

J/K, but that is one thing. The turbo on the 2.2 is pretty quick. And they're easy to mod! But with the higher compression of the GL, I can't wait to turbo mine, mwahahhhhhhhh:) Not any time soon though...

·
I want a Turbo. GIMMIE!!
61 Posts
89-92 GT = Turbocharged 2.2L I4
89-92 GL = non-turbo 2.2L I4
89LX = non-turbo 2.2l I4
90-92 LX = 3.0L V6

93-97 GT/GTS = 2.5L V6
93-97 All others = non-turbo 2.0L I4

·
Probeless Moderator
196 Posts
supergoat said:
89-92 GT = Turbocharged 2.2L I4
89-92 GL = non-turbo 2.2L I4
89LX = non-turbo 2.2l I4
90-92 LX = 3.0L V6

93-97 GT/GTS = 2.5L V6
93-97 All others = non-turbo 2.0L I4
Goat... you tha man!!!

long live the boost!!! :coo:

·
NMPOC CoFounder/Moderator
63 Posts
  • Also optional electronic controled suspention or Electronic Ride Control (ERC).
  • Speed sensitive power steering assest.

·
Mazda MX6 Member
14 Posts
Also 4 wheel disk brakes.

The GT version of the Probe/MX6 is alot more durable then the LX/DX models. The tranny and motor internals are stronger. Plus have oil coolers and you can extract alot of HP from them for very low $$$. While adding more power to another car would be very expensive. Dude to rebuilds and strengthenings of the drive line.

·
Registered
19 Posts
about a second to a second and a half in the quater, unless u have an atx :(

·
Probe Member
11 Posts
190Ft/lbs @ 3500 rpms. That's pretty special to me. :s6: Boost maskes it pretty special too, I guess. Hehehe... That, and when you make the 2-3 shift, and the tach is jumping, the speedo is climbing, and the boost guage is spiked. THAT is what makes a 1G PGT special.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I loved how the Probe was ahead of its time (my 90 GT was, IMHO anyways...): 4 wheel ABS disc brakes, a turbocharger, the VMM, trip computer, the sleek styling lines. I thought it was a neat packaged car (for a 1990 model) when comparing it to other cars in its class back then.....

·
Mazda MX6 Member
14 Posts
The GT Has the following options other Probes/mx6's don't.

1. AAS
2. Turbo, Intercooler, piping
3. Bigger Fuel Pump
4. Electronic Adjusting Stearing
5. Diffrent Wiring Harness
6. Fog Lights
7. Front Hubs are Keyed Diffrent
8. Disc Brakes
9. Bigger Anti-Sway Bars

·
turbo PGLer
46 Posts
mazdamx6pwr.co said:
The GT Has the following options other Probes/mx6's don't.

7. Front Hubs are Keyed Diffrent
That's a pain when you've got the engine swapped, and ready to go and you go to hook up them bigger axles. Don't forget, though, the GT's did have one thing that is worse than other probes: it weighed in almost 200 pounds more.

·
Probe Getapo
22 Posts
Mines had the most amount of great snatch than any other forum member :p

Otherwise, basically what everyone else stated here

·
Probe Getapo
22 Posts
COBRA90GT said:
I loved how the Probe was ahead of its time (my 90 GT was, IMHO anyways...): 4 wheel ABS disc brakes, a turbocharger, the VMM, trip computer, the sleek styling lines. I thought it was a neat packaged car (for a 1990 model) when comparing it to other cars in its class back then.....
Odd. I recall the Nissan 240 having more success than the probe and outdoing the probe in all the aforementioned (motor, styling, etc).

hell the S15 had the turbo optional. That's about the only thing that won it over, oh and the Mazda contribution to the probe helped.

·
Probe GT Member
7 Posts
It's the boost of course..

It's the boost on the GT that set it apart. There are also the little thing that everyone has mentioned but also the LED that tell up to date MPG and AVG MPG and also temp...big deal..it also has detectors for coolant, washer fluid, doors and H/B....I think the GT has ABS but so does the LX...Is there any thing I'm forgetting...?

·
Registered
52 Posts
One more thing

GT Rear bumper is different.....heh heh heh

Oh yeah, one more thing. THe dome light with individual map-lights is really kewl. I just recently upgraded to this mod.

Works pretty good, hooks right up and needs no modification.

Toodles

1 - 18 of 18 Posts