Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Explorer Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know we all have our Fords in common -- but what else do you guys do?

I was a Ford Service Manager for 11 years and am now a Project Manager for a Communications System manufacturer and installer.

I have an awesome dog, and great family and friends. My brothers are all car nuts. I own a speedboat and love to water-ski. We also go whitewater rafting at least once a year. We frequent the Irish pubs in Boston and play every kind of sport there is. We also love to ride trails whenever the chance arrives. We are true weekend warriors!

So what do you guys do?:)

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Sounds like you have a very active life there Sweens! Sounds good. Have a shack in the mountains that i enjoy. I like all motorsports and sports in general.
Don't have a family of my own yet:( but hope to one day but I do have a great dog.
Love movies and music and people in general

·
Mod/Multicar Member
149 Posts
other than my fords i'm into any old car that there is. i belong to the new england chapter of the hudson, essex, terraplane club. this my sound stuppid for me to say, but for those who are saying whats a hudson( ive been asked a million times) its a car that was made from 1909 to 1957.i spend as much time as i can with my wife and our two daughters. i have a vegetable garden every summer . i also go camping every chance there is . i watch as much nascar as i can and try to get to the local track to watch the races. other than that its work,work and more work.

·
Explorer Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HSE2,

No family here yet either -- but someday. Right now it's trying to keep up with my family, friends and dog who has had a ton of medical problems. I spend every moment I can outside and preferably at Moosehead Lake in Maine. It's Gods country - no phone, no TV, no computer -- it's very good to disconnect every now and then. I too love music of all types, good food, good drink and great friends!

·
Explorer Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mark,

You sound pretty busy too! Where do you go camping? I just started watching NASCAR at a friends prompting last summer and just lost my favorite driver #3.

·
Mod/Multicar Member
149 Posts
sweens
we go to pine wood lodge in plymouth as often as we can or we head over to the canal and camp at bourne scenic park. we love to head up to colebrook n.h. or waldeboro maine. but with two young kids it makes the ride even longer. once in a while we go down the road from our house to normady farms camp ground in foxboro. did you get to see the daytona 500 this year? it was a sad day when dale hit the wall and never got out of his car. nascar and all of its fans lost one of the all time greatest drivers that day. i was never a fan of his, but i always enjoyed seeing him race. he kept all the other drivers on there toes. my wife and i are jeff gordon fans. we've been watching nascar for about three years now. we go over to seekonk speedway every chance we get. watching the locals race is a lot of fun.

·
Explorer Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Expedition is a big truck HSE2 - but I need it. I travel the unpaved and often washed out logging roads in Maine whenever I can and I also tow my boat.

P

·
0 Posts
This is a cool topic. I love SPEED, you can say Im addicted to it, Ill drive and ride anything that goes fast (as long as it stays on the ground). Other than speed, Im very visual, very into looks in everything from cars, girls, to houses, everything (hence the quote in my sig).
Im very busy too, going to college ful time, working, playing with my cars, and just hanging out, partying trying to get rich the fastest and easiest way :D.
In Motorsports -some may disagree- Formula 1 is the most sophisticated in my opinion...

·
Bronco Member
62 Posts
stuff

Hey Sweens, I noticed u mentioned Moosehead Lake- my kinda place, but havent been ther since I was like 13. Where is Colebrook, i think I may have been there, but I'm not sure,rings a bell, I go to too many places to remember.

Drove to Niagara Falls, Hershey PA, Bar Harbor ME, and Burlington VT all in one summer couple years back. I drive everywhere. Picked it up from my dad, when we are bored, just go out and drive to the Quabbin or something, even if it is like 4:00 in the afternoon, Haha.
Thats why my Bronco, which was my dads, has like 230K on it.

Oh yea- i like all types of cars in general, collect stuff that has to do with them, Hot Wheels nutcase, collect car brochures, models, toy stuff. Like camping, exploring weird places in Boston area, cruisenights, car shows, girls, bla, bla, bla. Like going to school now too.

Love New England, really wouldn't wanna live anywhere else. Good economy, history, hospitals, schools, landscape, AND we get all four seasons here, not all hot, not all cold. Love it!

Later,

·
Explorer Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Matt,

Isn't Quabbin a great place! So relaxing! Amazing that like 7 towns were actually flooded to create that resevoir. Apparently you can still see church steeples under water - a little spooky. My family was like yours. Weekends were for exploring and always finding something new and fun. To this day I still do it and got all my friends doing it! It's good for the soul. Better than malls, computers and TV.

·
Mod/Multicar Member
149 Posts
matt
colebrook n.h. is about 15 miles south of canada if you cross into vermont . about 30 if you go through pittsberg . its a great place to go snowmobiling. not much to do in the summer.

·
Bronco Member
62 Posts
yeah

82f100
That is a cool area, I think I have been there before!
I remember going to Errol, NH, i think that is sorta near it, when I was like 12. Before errol, it was like a 30 mile drive through nothing but woods, moose everywhere- from Bethel ME-cool stuff. I went up to Canada from Stratton, ME through Coburn Gore, small border crossing. Lotta woods there too. i agree that the area can get boring during the summer though...

Sweens,
As for Quabbin, I was there 4 times last summer. I like searching for remnants of the villages that got flooded. The really aren't any steeples there to my knowledge though, (I have a book on the res. that I take with me when i go. Wish I was in a college course that actually pertained to stuff like that, I'd have no prob. Aceing it!)

However, when you go through that road that leads you across the Winsor Dam and stuff, there are several places where you can walk in, and the old hottop road goes right into the water! Also, in aerial views, if it is a sunny day, during a dry spell, you can see the roads under the water. That big island in the middle has abandoned stuff around on it, including a country club I think, and you can see the remnants with binoculars from the road with the scenic overlook on it. The big island has no access though, which sucks. I guess they think too many idiots would be trying to bother the wildlife. There is also a big cemetery that has all of the relocated bodies in it from when they flooded the place, near the entrance to the park.
Cool area.
I love the whole Route 2, Mohawk trail, hairpin turn trip too! Lots of classic car enthusiasts make that trip. Plan on going back again soon! Wanna check out the Hoosac tunnel this time. Never seen it.

Later guys,
:cool:

·
Mod/Multicar Member
149 Posts
matt
if you've been to errol you were down the road from colebrook. its just on the other side of dixville notch.

·
Explorer Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's a beautiful part of NH guys! Hey? Why is it that the only people that replied to this thread are from MA? Are we the only ones capable of liking more than vehicles?? He he he! If you guys like camping, and pristine wilderness and have access to a boat -- you need to try South Arm Campground on the Richardson Lakes in Maine! A 15 mile crystal clear lake, surrounded by thousands of acres of wilderness -- mostly untouched and undeveloped because it's owned by logging companies. I pretty much grew up there. We camped there for over 15 years. But you need to be creative! It's 15 miles from the nearest town of Andover - no phone - no arcade. Clean bathrooms a store and a simple laundry - but, sandy beach, great hiking trails, great fishing, remote wilderness camping sites, marina and only about 10 homes built on the lake. A great place to get away!

·
Mod/Multicar Member
149 Posts
that place sounds great. i like the idea of no phone and being far away from everything. do you need a boat to get there or is it for something to do?

·
Explorer Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You don't need a boat - but it really adds to the enjoyment - you cannot drive around the lake -- there are no reads -- so the only way to see it is by boat. There is also a great restaurant half way up the lake at the Middle Dam - called Lakewood Lodge - it's cool to cruise up in your boat and have a bite to eat. They rent boats at the campground also - pretty cheap too!

·
Mod/Multicar Member
149 Posts
how do you get there? how far into maine is it? i have relatives who own a campground on damascotta lake in maine(i'm not sure of the spelling) its nice there. theres plenty to do in the erea. are there any good places to camp out in your erea? the ocean is nice ,but we go there all the time we need a new place to go.

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Well I like going to car races, play station games, parties, women, and going to the beach whenever I can.:wink2:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts