Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe it to be an XW/XY toploader shifter. I have pulled it off a toploader that has come into my possession.

What is it worth approximately?

The toploader has an ear broken off the case; does anyone have a case to sell?

·
under thumb
286 Posts
$250-350 if you find the rite buyer!

·
Go the GT's
650 Posts
Thats the xw xy type shifter, seems more common than the xa/xb type. When they are worn out they are an absolute mongrel of a shifter. Come to think of it, they arent real crash hot at their best either. $100 to $200 IMO...If it was a xa/xb one, I would say $350 up....

·
Registered
15 Posts
That shifter,linkages & Hump including console bracket is easily worth $500 + , just throw it on ebay & away you go , The Gearknob alone will sell for 100 odd Dollars as the originals are heaps better than repro , The Knob suits XT-XB so wider market there .The Shifter even has a complete reverse light switch & repro's of them are $120 .

Cheers

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
H-Code-XY-Van said:
That shifter,linkages & Hump including console bracket is easily worth $500 + , just throw it on ebay & away you go , The Gearknob alone will sell for 100 odd Dollars as the originals are heaps better than repro , The Knob suits XT-XB so wider market there .The Shifter even has a complete reverse light switch & repro's of them are $120 .

Cheers
Well it looks like you were pretty well on the money. I stuck it on ebay (id = 4649189212 ) for a starting bid of $500 and I had 13 people watching. I only had one bid in the last minute. Thanks all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts