Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Thunderbird Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im curious as to what you all think will be collectors items in 20 years or so?

im hoping the supercoupes will be (i dont ever plan on selling mine though)

will it be rare cars like the SC, the SHO, and the mustang GT's? or more common cars such as the LX counterparts of all 3 types?

or will none of our cars be worth a lot in the future?

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
I know two cars will be worth some bucks, Mystic 96 Cobra Mustang and the Cobra R Mustang.

·
Mustang Cobra Member
41 Posts
Car Values

I would think that most of the Cobra's should appreiciate in price. They only build about 5000 or less er year. But I don't even think about it. I'm enjoying my Cobra today. I bought in in Jan '97 for $18,000. I've put several thousand into it and I have been offered several thousand more than I paid for it. But I can't sell it, because then I'd just have to build another one.

Attachments

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
I must say, that is a BAD ASS MUTHERF'IN STANG!

My Probe will beat you anyday.. ha!

·
Probe GTS Member
18 Posts
i am hoping that my 97 Probe GTS will be worth money in 20 years seeing how its the last year made and special model.
overall saleens and cobras should go up ...especially seeing how some are very limited.

·
Mustang Cobra Member
41 Posts
Hi HSE2,
The SSSNAKE puts out over 480 hp @ Max Boost. That's 10.5 PSI @ 5900RPM. The car will run in mid 11's @ 119.4 mph. Not to bad for a car with, A/C, PDL, PW, PS, PMirrors, Mach 460 Stereo, Tilt, Cruise and an old fart driving.:evil:
I'm getting ready to have the bottom end overhauled and have some real pistons installed. Should put out more that 575hp after some major work.
Glad you enjoyed the SSSNAKE.
Check out my web sites at;
http://content.communities.msn.com/JohnsSSSNAKECARandOtherHOTRIDES/PhotoAlbum
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/RallyRd/sssnakecar/ :)

Attachments

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Simple answer.. XW GTHO Falcon Phase I & II, Xy GHTO Phase III and XA GTHO Phase IV (only 3 Built)... Absolutley no question.... Phase III's going for above AUS$50,000... Bargain IMHO...

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Great examples of Austalian car that have held up well in value. Should really tell Ford Aust about their current line up

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Tell me about it.. It's a bit rough when your getting more for a '97 EL Falcon than you are for a '99 AU...

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Yeah i got killed on the trade because they thought they would get so many people moving to Au's that they wouldn't be able to move my trade with out giving it away:mad:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I wouldn't say that at all... You're driving the car of my dreams, and the place you live has just been turned into a race track!!... I'd say that was a pretty smart move myself...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts