·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
????

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
This place takes place of the i6 section. Mind you you guys are the ones that have any activity. It was the merging of the other areas that had no activity into here. Just had the name redone that is all really

·
Banned
536 Posts
why do the clevo, windsor, etc get a separate section when theyres more posts about i6s then all of the v8s put together?

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Then what do you suggest gets done? I have every section on the front page? I am not putting them back into subforums again. I am not going to make yet another forum to place v6 and I4 seperate from I6. There is not enough traffic to warrant the seperate forum for the i4 v6 seperation.

Now the reason there is a seperate windsor and clevo forum is because there is traffic for those areas to warrant the continued seperation. There is continued posting in those areas to warrant the seperation and to maintain a seperation.

If there is an increase in 14 or v6 traffic then we will seperate it from here, until then it will stay. When the latest i4 and v6 posts are several months old I do not see that it will happen.

John

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
galapogos i think you have to go down to the bottom of the page where you get to choose your display options, and then pick "show threads from last 2 weeks" or whatever, when i first logged in today it was set to "show posts for last day" so there were only 10 there...i didnt notice at first and was wondering where the hell they all went :p

·
Territory TS - AWD
2,374 Posts
John,

It's your forum and I fully understand that what you say goes.

However I think you have to concede that the I6 supporters have a point.

My observations indicate that prior to the latest mergings the post count was something like;

INLINE 6 >900 posts
Clevo, Windsor 200~300 posts each
Modular V8, Big Block V8, V6 & I4 all 20~30 posts each.

Yet all the V8 family maintain a section, including the Modular & BB at ~30 posts each, while the V6 & I4 (also at ~30 posts each) get lumped in with the I6.

I think you may not have factored in the Aussie I6 enthusiasts desire to maintain a degree of seperation from not only the V8 guys but also the V6 & 4cyl entusiasts.

Like I said just an observation & comment - I can live with it either way.

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Ok As you have failed to also notice that since we have also merged diesel into the general due to having 8 posts. The point is this. If i merge in forums that are active now that we have gotten spidered and have the place starting to get more action in the last few days it has been changed to fit this need then I am going to shoot myself in the foot.

Again...

1. Yes you may have a popular engine and fact is that is the only reason the whole thing was not merged into the general Tech section.

2. The merger of the 4 and v6 was done because of a multitude of reasons....
2a. because if placed in general we would only be seeing the other engine questions start appearing in there. It has been proven in the past and I am not about to put more work on the mods of this forum because people are too lazy to find the right forum to post a questin in.
2b. They had far less in posting than the v8 sections that are of the lowest counts now. Again refer to 2a.

3. with the merger of the areas you are not losing anything or any identity no matter how much you want to think you are.

4. Is there so much talk in here over v6 and 4bangers? Not really so what is the point of complaining about something that is not even affecting you other than a title change now.

5. the moving of the engines up one level has gotten them spidered and indexed on the search engines now and we are getting more traffic for these areas covering the modular questions and bb engine questions.

6. The total counts in the "i6" area were quite false to be honest. If you would like for me to go through and merge/prune the posts that are duplicated more than 1 time in here you will see that the post count will drop by more than 2/3.

7. I had taken 4 weeks of my time moving most of the i6 posts that were on this forum from differing areas...ie the pub, asylum, general tech, vehicle discussions and other areas to get it them into one area. Again I did not delete the duplicates, because I could move them faster than deleting the duplicates. Far easier on the db than purging old posts.

8. As you said it my forum. I have come to this decision based upon feedback from other moderators (those that have v8s and i6s) as well as the Forums Directors on this. This was not a sole persons decision here.

9. Fact: the merging of the Clevos and windsors would have made several members leave. There is friction between the two camps and if they were merged several that are here just for that section would leave. It has been shown on other sites and I do not want that to happen here.

That is all I am going to say at this point. I am going to kill anymore threads that are started over this due to the fact there is no need for more than one covering this topic.

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Ok and the purpose of your ignorance in this thread with that reply? I am explaining to others so that they can understand. I guess that is too much for you to comprehend?

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
9. Fact: the merging of the Clevos and windsors would have made several members leave. There is friction between the two camps and if they were merged several that are here just for that section would leave. It has been shown on other sites and I do not want that to happen here.
wierd...do you have any idea why there is this friction? or is it just like the usual ford Vs holden and I6 Vs V8 stuff, but across different V8 designs as opposed to whole engine designs?

·
Registered
364 Posts
FOUND this post.........interesting.
Your game overdose.

1. Yes you may have a popular (the most popular!!!) engine.

Can we have our own thread? Just joking Lunatic, looks like you put alot of time and effort into this site. The new system is much better to navigate. It would still be nice for us inliners to go independent in the future. We can live it it for now. 4's and v6's dont make any posts anyway.

·
pR()rN_*
1,966 Posts
Yay! This was my suggestion and I'm glad to see it Lunatic!
I said that we have to many differant options and the other smaller ones had little posts in them. So now they are under the same box.
Doesn't bother me just makes it easier to browse!

As for the v8 thing.
Wierd that people that both love fords have to argue with one another enough to actully make people leave.
After all where else is there to go thats as great a site as this!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"Your forum for IC, V6 and I4 discussions"

shouldnt this be i6

1,675 Posts
Rollin said:
galapogos i think you have to go down to the bottom of the page where you get to choose your display options, and then pick "show threads from last 2 weeks" or whatever, when i first logged in today it was set to "show posts for last day" so there were only 10 there...i didnt notice at first and was wondering where the hell they all went :p

thanks mate, thats what it was. im sure itll screw over a few others as well. my apologies.

Jase

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Overdose

Its good to see a well structured reply, shame.

As John Said, the moderators and admins on the forum have made this decision as a whole, on many occassions we have asked for help from members, and those that have made this choice.

I am sorry that many of you feel that its easier to react to things rather than being the ones instigating the changes, as crazy has done.

·
pR()rN_*
1,966 Posts
:ahem: thats CARazy. I'm fairly normal when it comes to non car related stuff :afro: :angel:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts