Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Hey that looks pretty sharp! I 'm just wondering where you would hinge it at, there's a lot of important stuff in that area, that probably wouldn't take too kindly to being cut. But hey, it would look kick a$$!!
Steve

·
Just some guy...
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At work we have several BMW's that I drive around. On occasion I've taken one home for the weekend. What I plan on doing is figuring out how it's done and then how it can be applied. So far I've figured out there wouldn't be that much cutting. It's a latch/lever/hinge type system that allows the hood to move horizontally before it can swing down, then moves again horizontally before it locks in place.

I just wonder how much it would run to get the mechanisms for it to work properly. ;)

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
:WH: :WH: :WH:
What is up with all the cotton? That's just weird.

I have a feeling it's just set loose there, notice the hood pins at all the corners (and the springs holding it up...). It looks interesting & different, but I wonder about accessibility to the engine. It's not like we need to make it harder to reach things.

·
Probe GT Member
25 Posts
Thats a killer car but thats the sinsei hood. It's just pinned down so she was able to just unpin it and put her old springs behibnd it. And the cottonballs are used in alot of import shows to reprisent smoke, you know, a burnout. But it wouldn't take any cutting to do this mod. The easiest way is to just rotate the stock hinges around to the front of the hood. then conect the bottom of the hind to some runners and that s it. I havent thought about a hood release but if I did it I would just use hood pins.

·
Just some guy...
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
claudermilk said:
but I wonder about accessibility to the engine...

I think if anything it would make the more important stuff accessible vs. the way we have to open now.

The easiest way is to just rotate the stock hinges around to the front of the hood. then conect the bottom of the hind to some runners and that s it.
I agree, but the space is the problem. I droppd her a line but haven't received a response yet.

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
ok, this car belongs to PT's own Krysykrys.

i've forgotten most of the details, but the hood is functional and i don't think it's a sensei. i can find out though.

as far as the cotton goes, i forgot the story behind it. i suppose you could IM her on aim and find out.

not a bad car, plus she's a charter member of 'naughty and nice racing'. :)

P

·
0 Posts
It IS a sinsei hood and as far as I know its non-functional. She just put neon in the hood scoop, and thats why she said it was functional ;-). Its not even fitted right, at least last time she posted pics on the other board she said it was only a temporary install. Meanwhile, she could have had it fixed though - it needs a lot of custom body work by a very good body shop.
She was in the same bulk buy with me...

·
"oh, you were racing?"
118 Posts
I think the best way(maybe not the easiest though) would be to have it so the entire front end wnet. The fenders and bumper and hood, could all be moulded together, and then the entire ting would move forward. Kinda like the Viper, where the hood and fenders and all one piece. That's why it costs $15k for a new one.

·
Moderator / Probe
506 Posts
thecause17 said:
I think the best way(maybe not the easiest though) would be to have it so the entire front end wnet. The fenders and bumper and hood, could all be moulded together, and then the entire ting would move forward. Kinda like the Viper, where the hood and fenders and all one piece. That's why it costs $15k for a new one.
Now that would be killer !

tilt nose :D hummmm :D

·
Moderator / Probe
506 Posts
Gil Starr said:
Well if anyone has a solution to helping me get this accomplished and it runs under $500.00, I'm all ears!!:D

$500 hahhaa

custom work ,............... 500 hahah

get your atm card baby :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts