Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Beastmaster
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An average FPV vehicle is an automatic GT in blood orange without stripes.
It has leather trim, premium sound performance sreering wheel & floor mats...

In order of popularity, blood orange, blueprint, silhouette, phantom, citric, HgAg, venom/vixen, white, blue pearl, acid rush and lightning with congo and narooma (??) bringing up the rear.

Very Interesting............

·
Registered
436 Posts
flappist said:
An average FPV vehicle is an automatic GT in blood orange without stripes.
It has leather trim, premium sound performance sreering wheel & floor mats...

In order of popularity, blood orange, blueprint, silhouette, phantom, citric, HgAg, venom/vixen, white, blue pearl, acid rush and lightning with congo and narooma (??) bringing up the rear.

Very Interesting............
How successful is a colour such as Lightning Strike in relation to how long it has been available? Acid Rush may be in front of LS, but its been out since day one.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Where are all the Orange cars, I have one and dont see many of them compared to Black, Silver and Blueprint. We seem to have the darker colors around Melb.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Or for a graphical look at the numbers .....the solid line is for unstriped cars and the striped section for stripes of course.

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
i think i see more Blueprint than any other color ...interesting the white is the only one that looks 50/50 stripes and no stripes..Russell is there a State by State break down on the GT's in sales or colors...

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm very suprised how few Venom+stripes combos have been sold, it looks amazingly and is certainly what I'd go for (had I $80K, of course!).

·
Registered
282 Posts
We should see more Vixens (with stripes :)) in the near future as Venom has been dropped.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
So, what is the difference between Vixen and Venom?????

·
Registered
301 Posts
Fordy said:
This might seem obvious to some but WTF does HgAg stand for :angel:
Look up your old chemistry books - Mercury (Hg) Silver (Ag)!

·
BAD BSR BOY WITH THE LENS
421 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
So, what is the difference between Vixen and Venom?????
???? look at russ's chart above pete .... can't you see the diff ? or maybe you need to move up from a mono colour screen on your comp at work

see attached photo all the current colours are here from a 70's colour chart (( "new colours for the BA models" they said lol BS look at the chart below))

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
Well, that's interesting isn't it? In the thread I posted HERE regarding "Stripes/No Stripes" the poll showed stripes by 2 to 1, yet here the official results seems to be just the opposite.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Barefoot_XR6 said:
so if you want something to keep that will be very rare, get green, maybe worth a fortune to collectors one day.
There was only one FPV made in Congo Green before it was discontinued. My mates dad owns it. It has the silver stripes and is a fully optioned GT-P. Looks pretty damn good in that color combination with the stripes, shame they didn't keep that combination available for longer although he now owns the rarest FPV vehicle.

·
Beastmaster
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bossxr8 said:
There was only one FPV made in Congo Green before it was discontinued. My mates dad owns it. It has the silver stripes and is a fully optioned GT-P. Looks pretty damn good in that color combination with the stripes, shame they didn't keep that combination available for longer although he now owns the rarest FPV vehicle.
Yes it is a rare one but there was also one GT made in Narooma Blue and that WASN'T an even an option.... (wonder how that happened and who oopsed)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts