Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been wondering for a while what a certian vacume hose was, and everyone I talked to wonered too. Well I think I figured it out. The vacume hose in question is the one that conects to the back of the top half of the stock intake, before the MAF. It runs from there to the top of the intake manifold. Well I think I final know waht it is. It is my belief that this mystery hose is what suplys air for the IAC. Does anyone know for sure? Am I right? Mystery solved?

·
Probe Member
37 Posts
It could be. I don't really know what it does. On another make of car there is a vacumn line that starts out from the airbox before the throttle (no MAF on this particular vehicle). Its purpose is to supply air to the EGR system. It has something to do with creating the vacumn, or possibly venting it.

G

·
My car is so far from stock I cannot verify the hook up you are referring to. My GUESS is its there to improve flow characteristics of the intake manifold. . . Huh? you say.

Fluid dynamics is extremely complex, but there may be a particular flow characteristic in the manifold that this vacuum line helps eliminate, possibly ensuring better flow distribution between runners. . . or who knows what, but I am sure its there to improve flow characteristics or prevents certain resonances at certain fluid flow velocities.

Enjoy.

·
Champ
40 Posts
Yeah

Sounds good to me. I really can't recall it either. It's not in any pics I have either. If you have any, that would help.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well with my car idleing I opened the hood and stuck my finger on the end of it. There is denitly a vacume on it. But the idle didnt change at all even when I was stopping all low with my finger.

G

·
The ECU may be able to compensate for small vacuum leaks. . . you might cap the leaks and drive your car for a few days. . . then see if there is any improvements.

Enjoy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts