Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Aussie and Kiwi Ford guys! I live in the U S of A and am going to be visiting the Land Down Under in the next couple of weeks. I'm looking for good Ford places and shows to hang out at. Any good car show will do. Here's my itinerary: 3/20 - 3/27 Sydney; 3/27 - 4/2 Cairns; 4/2 - 4/8 Melbourne; 4/8 - 4/15 New Zealand; 4/15 - 4/18 Melbourne. I'd appreciate hearing any suggestions. Also, any good deals on XBGT Stage 3's (if there is such a thing).

·
Australia Falcon Member
28 Posts
what is a stage 3 XB? It's a new one on me. Might be a good idea to tell us how old you are. Some of us are old and decrepit.

As for whats on, I'll check and see if there's any car shows on.. You've just missed out on the Alll Ford day in melb tho... and the melb motor show...

next time you want to come to australia you should probably come in the new year for the SummerNats. It's the major show for modified cars.

I'll ask one of the Falc GT owners if he knows of any other events on...

·
Australia Falcon Member
28 Posts
rusty musty:

"Please forward on to our man in the great ol' You Ess of Aye:

While in Melbourne, I'd suggest he takes the 1 to 1 1/2 hr trip down to Geelong and spend a good couple of hours wandering through the Ford Discovery Center. Can meet him down here if he wants (Geelong) to show him around a little, and give him a close up inspection of a real 4 door XB GT (restored) that a mate has. He'll just miss out on the GT Falcon Nationals held in Queensland this year - 13th to the 16th of April. Not sure exactly where but can find out if needed.

Otherwise there are the V8 Supercars (GM vs. Ford Aussie style - Ford Falcon XR8) racing at Phillip Island (Victoria - 1 1/2 hrs from Melbourne) on the 24-25th March I think (again just misses out) and then again on the 5th - 8th April in Adelaide. All these dates need to be confirmed before making changes to your itinary! I'm sure there are more but these are the ones I can think of at the moment. Hope that helps..."

over to you - let me know if you are serious.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
gfairlie
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing