Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed on a few Boss 290 engines the extra pipe from just behind the air cleaner. Pic taken from Pursuit

I dont have on my GT.

Any Idea????

Attachments

·
BAD BSR BOY WITH THE LENS
421 Posts
XLR8 said:
Noticed on a few Boss 290 engines the extra pipe from just behind the air cleaner. Pic taken from Pursuit

I dont have on my GT.

Any Idea????
Your've been robbed , I remember my grandads ute used to have one of those , it had something to do with the "oil mist" I think thats what he said , thought they had moved on from those early days. I'm sure the weight saving will be an advantage to you anyhow. :)

And do tell are these some of the mods you have in mind ?
WASA

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts
This "thingo" is Unique to Pursuits only!!
Some sorta "phallic" symbol that goes with a ute, maybe?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
greetings all
XLR8 from what i have seen it's only on the manual,s
the only cars i have seen it on is the manual pursuit's, check with the sedan drivers & see if it's part of the extra weight gain that the ute drivers were lucky enough to gain lol

regards
rod

·
BAD BSR BOY WITH THE LENS
421 Posts
Charliewool said:
This "thingo" is Unique to Pursuits only!!
Some sorta "phallic" symbol that goes with a ute, maybe?
I now stand corrected here >>>>>>> "phallic pipe?" its something like you see hanging under trucks on the road (usually has steam ,water, oil, piss and that sort of thing comming out of it ) lol and leaves a black line on the road so you can follow .

Anyone else with a bright idea ? feel free to post so by next week Rob will be at the bottom of all this.

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Charliewool said:
Mine looks like this when it sees Calder or Heathcote signposts

Im so glad you didnt post a pic of the driver!! :AAHHH:

·
Banned
446 Posts
Is the same function as the EB to EL intake silencer tubes also used for initial startup. Not to sure why they are not on the sedans but.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I know the utes are noisier because of the different exhaust. Maybe this is another way to keep the ute quiet for drive by noise requirements????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts