Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im curious what kind of mileage you all get when you replaced the timing belt, clutch and tranny.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how did you manage to rack up so many miles on a 93? My 93 only has 118k.

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
46k miles.. blown transmission.. :lol:

·
Probe Member
37 Posts
34,000 on my 97. All original belts. First ATX transmission died at 11,000. Second one is still kicking (knocking on wood, crossing fingers, and preying)!

·
97 Probe SE
66 Posts
90,000.......but I believe that the people that had the car before me were RETARDS, and used to drag with this 2.0. Obviously, they also had NO idea how to use a STICK SHIFT.

B

·
0 Posts
My clutch start fading fast as early as 40k miles, unfortunately it took 1 year to get my aluminum flywheel, so I had over 50k before I installed my Clutchmasters Stage III and UR flywheel.

Enjoy.

·
Champ
40 Posts
I have 108k on original clutch. It's slipping now. I changed the timing belt at 94k because i didn't know when the last owner replaced it. Oh, mine's a 93 too.

·
97 Probe SE
66 Posts
Gas milage?

This is a little off topic, but I was wondering what kinda gas milage most of you get? i probably should start a new post, but oh well.......of yes, and don't forget your tranny type!

MTX with about 400 miles on a tank

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
400 miles on one tank? If I drive to L.A. (350 miles) I can make it on one tank, though I never risk it. I normally get about 300.

·
97 Probe SE
66 Posts
Are you kiding me?!?! I don't mean to rub it in your face or anything, but actually, it was 435, but I was rounding!

How can you only get 300 per tank?!?! MTX?

You must drag race everywhere you go with the air condtioning on or something!!!! I realyl don't see how 300 is possisble!

Seriously though, are you being upfront? I don't even know many GT's that get below 325 before the light comes on!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mileage

Nylie, as I said earlier this week, I replaced the timing belt at 85,000. Then somewhere after 100,000 a pulley broke so I had to replace it again. The last belt was replaced around 125,000 or so when I had to have the thermostat and water pump replaced, and since they have to take the belt off to do that they replaced it (might as well).

As to transmission, my MTX is still strong; the clutch still has not been adjusted and is not slipping after almost 140,000 miles - can you tell I baby my car? :) I do drive it but I don't abuse it.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
stavesacre21 said:
Are you kiding me?!?! I don't mean to rub it in your face or anything, but actually, it was 435, but I was rounding!

How can you only get 300 per tank?!?! MTX?

You must drag race everywhere you go with the air condtioning on or something!!!! I realyl don't see how 300 is possisble!

Seriously though, are you being upfront? I don't even know many GT's that get below 325 before the light comes on!
I dont own a gt for one. I live in the hills, so I use my brakes more and my gas fluctuates on the hills. I dont drag, and I know my car never has been raced. I do have a MTX.

Ladyjazz, please dont use my real name on here. I edited your post to reflect that. Thanks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
well i bought my car with 68,700
what first
oh yeah
70,000 tranny
79,999 alt
80,000 ac compressor
86,000 tranny pump and rear main seal
86,001 radiator
right now i have 89001 will need new tires soon. Belt is broken in one. Will as need new brakes
But hay theres now rust on the car...cause everything is new:mad: :MUha:

J

·
0 Posts
193,000 miles on my 93 base model, with the original tranny. Not sure about the timing belt, and there's no clutch!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine has 130,046 miles on the speedo, but my engine has around 20k on it, with new belts and hoses and whatnot. Clutch has 40k on it, and never gripped worth poo since day one. Can't wait until my new one comes in the mail.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts