Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, the part of my 1989 Probe that shows me external temperature, miles per gallon, destination distance, etc has stopped.

I don't know whether or not it is a bulb issue or if this component has gone bad....

Anyone got any advice?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,742 Posts
I'm not sure what they named it, but I went looking for it under various possible names and descriptions and nothing came back, I also couldn't find anything in the electrical schematics. If you know you have power going to it, my recommendations is see if you can find it in a junk yard, may also have it on a Mazda 6 or MX6. They were similar and shared many parts.

Have you tried pulling it and see if there's a part number on it?

·
Super Moderator
19,321 Posts
If you have a instrument panel light dimmer switch on that model , make sure it has not been accidently turned off . If could be bulbs gone but usually if so , if you look closely at panel you can see the info in the background . Could also check in case covered by a fuse and it's blown .

·
Administrator
8,186 Posts
Its LCD lit. You can send that off to be fixed. Internet search "lcd speedometer repair" and you'll find many who specialize in that type of repair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts