Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 42lb/hr or 441 cc/min FMS injectors I have, what power figure do you think these injectors could sustain in a turbo setup XF (using a rising reg of course), what's the max boost you would consider running in conjuction with this setup, which will have a high flow fuel pump.

·
Registered
92 Posts
hi fordmanxf,
each of your 440 cc injectors will roughly support 60-65hp per cylinder. So, with one injector per cylinder you could make around 360hp.
A for how much boost you can run, i think that is more a factor of compression, how good your engine components are and lastly, the fuel system.
My off handed answer would be somewhere aroung 15lbs boost with 10:1 compression, on premium98 pump fuel.

cheers
gus351

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
36's on sohc will make 300 rwkw at 50 Lb initial fuel pressure..
42's would make enough to blow whatever std transmission you put behind it..Assuming XF's compression is around 8.8 to 1 ?? 20 to 25 Lb easy but check your turbo map where its efficiancy levels are...Assuming you have map, ecu that can tune to this level..Btw a rising rate reg is not required with 42's.Just one that's boost sensitive so fuel pressure is always 40 Lb [or whatever you set it at] above boost..Sard is a good brand reg....

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK thanks guys, engines good, compression is 8:2:1. What type of fuel pump would I go to match those injector flow rates?

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Cheapest and easiest would be fitting an intank Walbro 255 pump, replacing the std pump..Or if you are realy keen fit a surge tank and use std pump to that and fit an 044 Bosch inline pump from surge tank...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm running 42lb Lucas injectors with a 450hp Bosch motorsport pump and Malpassi rising rate reg on my T4 turbo'd XF. This has supported a peak boost figure of 24lb on stock (8.2:1) compression. Still hasn't been dyno'd but so far I haven't had any fuel drama's with this combo.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ah sounds good xcfalcon351, what sort of power figure do you think your pulling, and how long before you get the beast dyno'd?

·
Registered
22 Posts
the xf is mine didnt have a user at time of post should be between 300- 400 hp have moved to karratha so still waiting to dyno heres a couple of pics

·
Registered
4 Posts
no have water sprays on the intercooler good for dropping about 4deg but no injection.intake air temp sits around 4o deg max depending on outside temp

1 - 12 of 12 Posts