Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a couple of pics so far they r EL GT's, Simmons FR18's, or the ones on the XF below not sure what they r i think they r simmons welds what do u guys think or what is your pic of rims?

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
I thought wheels like that would be Boyd Codingtons (spelling?)

But personally I don't like them, each to their own :0)

·
4.1 XFLOW EFi Turbo
1,087 Posts
i'd stick to a nice looking factory ford wheel like the el gt, or a nice set of simmons wheels

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
The ones in the pic you have posted are Dragway DB100. Other good looking wheels from Dragway are the DB108 and DB12. Check the range out at www.dragway.com.au

If money is no object, I'd go the Simmons - either FR18 or OM18 (www.magwheelcentre.com.au).

Otherwise, check out speedy's range - they have some nice wheels for around $1000 per set of 4 (in 16s/17s). www.speedywheels.com.au

·
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JC thanks for that mate i was wondering wat those rims were and as for money is i want something that is expensive i will save me money till i can afford it well thats my way
xf6250 i have considered the gt's but there is about 2 xf's up here with them u have them and i thought i would go something different but a nice set of simmons would be nice but i am just wondering can u get FR18's in polished and unpolished

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
I'd go for the Simmon's personally or even ROH( shadow chrome) depending on the colour of your car, I haven't heard good report's with dragway rim's, a couple of my mate's have had them and had nothing but trouble with them,(leaking rim's, not sealing probably)there really just a take-off from weld in the USA(which are much better)but if you can stick with the well known brand's like ROH, Simmon's,etc.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
The Simmons FR series do come in a polished finish............but about $60 extra per wheel last time I checked.

·
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the site i went to it then into wheels then street and strip and the and i cant find those rims
but the guy at dragway sent me an email saying $2960 for a set of those dragways so by the looks of it ill be looking at mid 2's to 3's for a set of rims then extra for tyres
TruBlu351 The Simmons FR series do come in a polished finish............but about $60 extra per wheel last time I checked.
i think i would pay the extra 60 buck to get the polished ones cause i saw a VL up here with them and i could stop laughing at it cause they wern't polished but polished ones look sweet

·
kickerinthegutsbarry
568 Posts
Go the el gt's, I just put a set on my el and for mockups with tyre's they were only $1400 brand new. And I've only ever seen 1 xf with elgt's on it up here, and he only had the front two ricer style.

·
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
apolloxbgt Go the el gt's, I just put a set on my el and for mockups with tyre's they were only $1400 brand new. And I've only ever seen 1 xf with elgt's on it up here, and he only had the front two ricer style.
yeah thats our XF Turbo he cant afford tyres cause he smokes em everytime he takes off every corner every where

xbgs351 Snowflakes. Cheap and won't get stolen.
yeah got snowflakes now got to get em polished and some fat tyres for the back though oh yeah blo gmh on here some guy tried to streal his snowflakes one night it ended up falling off one the way to work a couple of days later don't know y the tyres were probably fked aswell

·
Aspiring Audi RS6 Owner
218 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts