Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get subs for my car and I want to know what to get....two 10s or one or two 12s? What brands are good? I don't want to break the bank and i only want to add some bass....no competition stuff. I was looking at a bandpass box too. Lets say I have $100-$150 for 2 subs....what combos should I go with?? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Go to the local car audio store, see if they have any demo specails
Where I live our store always has demos out, everything from eqs to wiring. You also pay less for demos(store used)

I dont think you are going to find 2 subs in box(banpassed) for 150 ,look toward 300. Maybe in a reg. box you could do it(p.s. sounds better too)

also do 12's- you get alot more range from them.

p.s. i had 2 15" rf's
nice low bass but nothing on the upper end

I have had 2 hollywood 12's(ok for first time stereo-paid 150 in box from my friend who installed them with the amp too)

I have also had 2 rf 12" they rocked...

So in short... do 2 12s in a reg sealed box maybe boston or rf or alpine

·
Probe GT Member
62 Posts
You're looking at some Autozone brand subs (or used subs) for that price. Not only that....what are you planning on powering them with? You're going to need an amp if you want to use your subs to their potential.

I'll go with phaze5 on this one...You're going to need at least $300.

·
Registered
19 Posts
phaze5 said:

I have had 2 hollywood 12's(ok for first time stereo-paid 150 in box from my friend who installed them with the amp too)

wow i have been using hollywoods for the last 3 years and they worked great for me.

i use hollywood excursions i can get 1080d for 100 each and the 1280 for 110 each .... i took 5th place at the world finals useing hollywoods not bad at all plus i was the loudest there of those who did not have walls. no point to me to put in a wall for only 2 10"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts