Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mark VII Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I got under the car and found what is making that mf squeaking. Its the Air Bag base. Push down on the car and its Squeakie Squeakerson. Cant even go and cruise River Street. What will make it stop??

F

·
0 Posts
Are you sure it is the airbag base and not the lower control arm bushings? If it IS the base you may have to remove the airbag and put some white grease in the mounting holes.That should cure the squeaks for a while.

·
Mark VII Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drove it up on the ramps and sprayed lube onthe endlink bushings, because they squeaked before. then while lying on the ground i pushed up on the car and felt around until I found the base of the bag vibrate when the squeak occured and sprayed that. Still squeaked. Is there a piece of rubber that goes between the base and the A arm? This is the new Arnott bag and I put it on in Jan. The sway bar bushings look like hell but dont make noise. Do you think it might be the rubber disc between the bag and the A arm?

·
Mark VII Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I jacked, ANd let the air out of the bag. popped the clip off and moved the base over. And what do ya know, the rubber disc is toast. I put some bearing grease on the base and it seemed to work. You know that stuff never comes off so problem should be solved. Thanks for the help.

Skip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts