Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was looking at this car at the auctions...put down my deposit as its a phone bid, registered and everything but when i went back to the auction list before, it and a few other cars have just vanished......whats with that? theyre not due for auction till tomorrow and no ones rang us to say that theyve gone. have they gone? or have they just been 'put away' ? the lot numbers for about 20 cars have been 7 figures all week and now theyre all gone and theres only 3 figured lot numbers there.
anyone?

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Sometimes they sell them before they go to auction - pre auction deal at a particular price. The auction houses here have them. I thought their cut off was the day before the auction... But generally they list the cars that they expect will go to auction, and withdraw them if sold.

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
most of the auction people are dodgey bastards ive found

Iwill never forget the way mother_natures sprint was sold. There was at least 3 people still bidding (me being one of them!) and the auctioneer chose to ignore us and sell it to his dealer mate....

but as for the missing cars, its got me stumped!

·
3,666 Posts
tickford2001 said:
Iwill never forget the way mother_natures sprint was sold. There was at least 3 people still bidding (me being one of them!) and the auctioneer chose to ignore us and sell it to his dealer mate....
The dirty bastards. I didn't know about that...

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EBXR said:
Sometimes they sell them before they go to auction - pre auction deal at a particular price. The auction houses here have them. I thought their cut off was the day before the auction... But generally they list the cars that they expect will go to auction, and withdraw them if sold.
thats Fu&%ed up. i contacted them on monday clearly stating i was interested. if they just went and sold it then i should have been given the choice of just buying it when i rang up about it.
can anyone buy a car before its sposed to be auctioned or is that just for 'special' people?

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
U see a little bit of 'special' person activity at auctions. They cant do too much, or it causes trouble.

If u know the auctioneer, u know the reserve, and can offer them just over. Usually accepted.

Few cars i looked at sold prior without warning. Most are legit.
Its upto u to understand the rules . They definatley dont go out of thier way to inform u. Probably in fine print on something u signed

·
3,666 Posts
One place here has a pre auction price on the vehicle, and if it isn't sold by auction time, it goes up for the bidding. That's through pickles, and if you search their website, you'd see they do it nationwide.

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EBXR said:
One place here has a pre auction price on the vehicle, and if it isn't sold by auction time, it goes up for the bidding. That's through pickles, and if you search their website, you'd see they do it nationwide.

i wasnt aware of the pre auction price. is this available to anyone or just dealers? also im buying from the damaged section

·
3,666 Posts
I think you can from the damaged lot... but unusual. Best of asking them directly, althought you'll probably end up talking to a machine.

May have also been a computer glitch as well. Check on line in the morning, and if it is still not there, get on to them ASAP. Hope the auction is in the arvo to give you heaps of time to chase them up....

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah ill be ringin first thing to find out. pity coz i got work at 10am and the other half was going to take care of it all for me. i think it was in the arvo it was up for auction. just seems odd though that 20 odd lots that ALL had 7 number lot numbers have gone and arent with the 3 number lot numbers.

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they reckon there was too many cars so its put off till another week

·
3,666 Posts
So it will be going for auction?

Are they going to tell you when, or do you have to keep chasing them??

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
me thinks ill be chasing them. asked them today if theyd just sell it and i got the big NO.

also if anyones looked at the pic of it does it look a little high at the front or is it just the black tyre and rim giving it that appearence. i noticed the back looks high too.

·
3,666 Posts
The back wheel reminds me of an LTD rim... and they were 15's. I think the colour of the tyre and the front rim makes it hard to see clearly. Is that an LPG sticker on the number plate??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts