Votes: 49 11.2%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
aka "David"
39 Posts
Kumho Ecstas, a directional performance tire. I had to buy some tires for my Bullitt and money is a little tight right now. So, Discount Tire had these. four tires, valve stems, road hazard, ttl. on the car for $425.00. And they stick in the wet and dry, wear well and look good. So, I have Korean made tires on my American made car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 235/50ZR-17 on my vans, they're directional, they handle awesome and when you want to do 120+ MPH you know that they'll go arond the next curve. When running 9-10 PSI of boost on my 3.8 you can chirp the tires but if I want my transaxle to see another shift I 'try' not to push it off the line...! The only weak link my van has after 2,200 miles on the engine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
just bought a set of michelin 225/60-17 LX4 for the TC Cartier. same as the OEM tires which had 81k on them. figured at 125 each well worth the price... One place quoted me $175 each, found these at a wholesale center that distributes to retailers (same place the local michelin store gets his from).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I only stay with the best tires available, those are Michelin Tires! The "Z Rated 235/50R-17's" that are currently on my 1996 Windstar have seen well over 125 mph in stock form. Now but my supercharged 3.8 L engine is in, I will need to get a radar detector since Arizona now has movable speed traps all over the state, it can be way too expensive to get busted! With over 400 hp available at the gas pedal I would much rather be safe, then than forking out hundreds of dollars in fines, or going to jail even though I'm in a wheelchair.

Just check out my website, 1996 Supercharged 3.8 Windstar V-6, I EAT CHEVY'S FOR BREAKFAST and you'll be able to checkout the project vehicle. Thanks for letting me put my two cents worth in!

·
aka "David"
39 Posts
I only stay with the best tires available, those are Michelin Tires! The "Z Rated 235/50R-17's" that are currently on my 1996 Windstar have seen well over 125 mph in stock form. Now but my supercharged 3.8 L engine is in, I will need to get a radar detector since Arizona now has movable speed traps all over the state, it can be way too expensive to get busted! With over 400 hp available at the gas pedal I would much rather be safe, then than forking out hundreds of dollars in fines, or going to jail even though I'm in a wheelchair.

Just check out my website, 1996 Supercharged 3.8 Windstar V-6, I EAT CHEVY'S FOR BREAKFAST and you'll be able to checkout the project vehicle. Thanks for letting me put my two cents worth in!
Your post is humorous to say the least. My brother had his Windstar tunneled and ported a couple years ago. That thing could fly! I think it was a 98 model, or maybe a 99. He is currently running a Chrysler with a 4.0L engine. I am not sure, but I think that's a Mitsubishi engine. He still longs for the days of his Windstar and cuss's Ford for dropping it from their model line up, and for getting the Chrysler.

He usually buys from the local tire retailer, and the last tires he bought from them for the Windstar was a set of Coopers. I have no idea what size or model tire. Just remember they were Coopers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know what you're brother means, I can't believe they stopped making a minivan either. and Dodge minivans look like little square boxes, with every corner squared off I'd about rather buy a Honda (I don't like the Jap's to this day) it'll be a cold day in hell before I'd buy a Toyota, and I can't believe NASCAR let them race, it sure does help the US auto makers, I mean Ford & GM since Dalmer/Chrysler is now a product of Germany. I say let Germany Chrysler bail them out and on save FORD & well...maybe g.m.

·
aka "David"
39 Posts
I know what you're brother means, I can't believe they stopped making a minivan either. and Dodge minivans look like little square boxes, with every corner squared off I'd about rather buy a Honda (I don't like the Jap's to this day) it'll be a cold day in hell before I'd buy a Toyota, and I can't believe NASCAR let them race, it sure does help the US auto makers, I mean Ford & GM since Dalmer/Chrysler is now a product of Germany. I say let Germany Chrysler bail them out and on save FORD & well...maybe g.m.
Your funny. Diamler sold all but 10-20% of their stake in Chrysler last year, and they are looking for someone else to take the albatross off their necks. My other brother has a Honda, I think a 2002 model they bought new. Nice van, seats are like a park bench though.

I'm OK with a loan, which is what the Gov't is really discussing. But I am sure they will wind up in bankruptcy sooner than I would care to see. And am sure some judge will say they only have to pay 10 cents on the dollar back to the government.:whoaa: I''m not for that!

Anyway, have a nice day!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts