Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im needig some new tires for my xf. By the time i buy these the car will be fitted with kingspring superlows.

I like the look of the bridgestone eagers with the WHITE writing on the side and these come in 225's. Does anyone know how much these are roughly?

Can you guys recommend any other tire?

Pete

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
I have a full set of 5 EB XR8 5 spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE711's for sale if you want them. The tyres have 70% tread and the spare has 50%, the spare is a yoko A509 pattern. Pics can be found on my site below. PM me if your interested.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I would recommend that you look at silicon tyres, e.g.: Toyo's or some other brand that I can't remember at the moment (too much booze). Check out the websites for Toyo's and HANKOOKS!! is the other one!! I remember now!! Silicon impregnated tyres cost a little more, but the benefits far outweigh the cost: better mileage, better wear, better handling: the sidewalls are stiffer without having to go to 16" or some other stupid size. Jap tyres balance far better than Aussie tyres I am sad to say, Bridgestone etc., have not yet got it together yet. Just look at the wear pattern on the Bridgestone "Donuts"!!, The shoulders wear out far before the centers, and I am afraid that mine are unroadworthy even though the centers have still almost full tread depth.

Unfortunately, the Japs have done a lot of research into Aussie tyres and conditions, and of course the results are showing. I just wish that Dunlop or someone similar would get off their collective bums and do something about it. Not that I don't like Japs, but I would just like to buy Australian. ( I ride a Jap motorcycle)

As an aside, it is possible to fit 215's to 6" rims without any problems, although your local tyre person may object, it is not illegal or anything. However, you may gat a bit of sidewall flex.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
creature3 said:
Jap tyres balance far better than Aussie tyres I am sad to say, Bridgestone etc., have not yet got it together yet. Just look at the wear pattern on the Bridgestone "Donuts"!!, The shoulders wear out far before the centers, and I am afraid that mine are unroadworthy even though the centers have still almost full tread depth.

As an aside, it is possible to fit 215's to 6" rims without any problems, although your local tyre person may object, it is not illegal or anything. However, you may gat a bit of sidewall flex.
Doesnt the ^above^ wear patten have to do with wrong inflation pressure and nothing else?
Also, my current xf has standard rims, 5.5'', and wears 225's firestones on the rear.

Pete

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
On 15" I'd go G'grids.

Can ya still get them. I have had 15's in ages?

But excelent road handling for the $$

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
ive got G Grid 225/60/15's Very good in the dry, in the wet they do go wanting. About $135 each

·
Registered
249 Posts
the Bridgestone "Donuts" are apparently renowned for wearing out the sides fordmuscle_83, but,sadly, I only found that out after I bought them I run them @ 34 psi all round.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts