Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi evry1! some of u may or may not know but i'll try...

story is i got busted by the cops on the w/e... underage drinking... anyway got the fine today and the cop has gotten my middle name completly wrong.... luke instead of lachlan... so is the fine still valid???

just wondering!!! :angel:

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
could go either way i guess. return the fine and say that you are not that person but it could also go against you by them saying that you gave them a false identity...which they will and they will claim thats the name you told them so possible you could get charged with a false identity or whatever.

just pay it, its easier

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh i realise... but he did ask me... and i spelt L A C H L A N for him, so yer.... dumbass

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
See if you can get it checked out with someone in the know and they might be able to guide you the right way.
Cheers John

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Know your laughing at my misfortunes John!!! damn u! lol :p thanks for the advice tho!!!

·
Sandwich Connoisseur
955 Posts
I'd pay it, becuase if the same cop see's you cruisin in that sweet xr, Mr defect will be paying a big visit.

Donno

·
Registered
738 Posts
Just return the fine saying that XXXXX Luke XXXXX does not live here. That puts the ball back in their court. If they figure out you're the one they are still after, they'll send you another one with your correct full name on it. If they do send you a fine with your correct details on it, then pay it within the specified time. Technically, it is incorrect - therefore they have fined someone that isn't you. But ask someone in the know if you want to be sure. If the cops want to see it through, you will get another one, but worth a shot playing innocent - their administrative errors are not your problem.

·
out of control
94 Posts
i'd say if you try not to pay it, you may have to go stand in front of a judge, and he will say, you did what you did, and you still have to pay it.... and also what Donno said, if you get lucky and get out of it... it might piss the copper off and he might get ya for something else.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
LostBoy said:
i'd say if you try not to pay it, you may have to go stand in front of a judge, and he will say, you did what you did, and you still have to pay it....
...plus court costs.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
better to just pay the fine in this case and not be a smartarse... save it for another time i guess :p

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ohh yeh... thanks anyway guys! :hy:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Same thing happened to a mate of mine. Ended up in court and the judge said "why did you have to be such a smart a#### about this matter when you knew all along the fine belonged to you". He got a fine worth twice as much and his name in the paper just to really make his day. It's not worth the bother, just pay the fine and know better next time!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts