Ford Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
F-250 Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am wondering what kind of reciever to use with my class 5 Hitch.

Some people say the pintle hook one's are best.

Other's say the ball mounts are adequate.

What do you guys prefer/use?

I'm kinda leaning towards the pintle hook type. But I'd like to hear from you all.

Jim

·
Mod/Multicar Member
149 Posts
i have a trailer ball in my bumper that i hook a small flat bed trailer to when i need it. ive been thinking about getting a better set up so i can tow a car trailer. do you have any sugestions on what brand to buy?

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
I think the only ones I've ever seen are the ball mount types. Can you describe the other?

As far as brands, I've always used Reese stuff.

·
F-250 Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I attached a pic of a pintle hook reciever. Everyone says these are better cuz you can't jack knife this kind of reciever and the claw won't open and pop off like a ball mount can.

Jim

Attachments

·
Vintage Mustang Member
70 Posts
Class 5? What are you pulling? The only pintle hitches I've seen are on farm equipent or in the military. I pull my travel trailer with a Class III EZ-Lift receiver and equalizing ball hitch. This hitch is rated higher than the weight of any trailer I'd want to pull.

·
F-250 Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What am I pulling?

A 5000# Ford explorer on a 18 Foot Tandem axle Car Hauler Trailer.

I haven't picked out the trailer yet, but when I do I want to make sure I have an adequate hitch/reciever setup for it.

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.