Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought this was an amusing picture that for some reason reminded me of that old school game "mortal kombat". If you have no imagination, I've edited the pictures to get across what I'm talking about...

As you can plainly see, John, Dave and I ripped the still beating heart out of the ill fated monty :p

Anyways, back to the point of the post, This picture pretty much shows what's left of John's wrecked ghia that he purchased about two weeks ago. In that time, the cars pretty much been picked bone dry of anything in even remotely good condition. It kinda re-enforces my view that e-series members are the vultures of car enthusiast...

A couple of surprises arose while devouring at it's bowels. One was that it has slotted rotors upfront (which was only discovered when we went to disconnect the fuel lines). It also DID have an aftermarket stereo as it had 8 gauge power cable, I nice set of RCA's and Clarion tweeters still in the dash (which I promptly swiped up :angel:). The head was only recoed about 6 months ago (according to the engraving on the back of the head) and last but not least (well actually it was least) a $2 coin under the centre console :p...

Oh and if anyone's wondering, that humble tickford enhanced I6 now resides comfortably in my garage next to my EA ;) wink wink nudge nudge

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Good stuff :thup: I remember when Sunny and Doug bought an EA Ghia to take parts from. The day they picked it up it was a running car, then 3 days later it was a bare shell with nothing left of it. We had some fun pulling it apart though...

Ash

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
the torture isnt over yet ;)

E

·
0 Posts
Ahaha, i hope the transmission is still sitting there for me??!???!!!!!??!!

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Transmission is still attached to the engine. I believe it's still for sale unless Johns found someone to buy it since yesterday, so if you do end up purchasing it your gunna haveto organize to come down my way and take it off the engine...

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Transmission is technically still for sale, but the issue of not knowing the condition is still there :)
the car drives, but we can't really state how good the trans is as when i say drive, i drove it around about 100metres since owning it ;)

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
tow it :D
the engine crane may have taken the Ghia down, but my GLi took on the engine crane no worries ;)

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
haha great pic!

What'd you end up doing with the drive shaft?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
just left it, came off without anything

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
muhahaha! very creative pic.... love it! i grew up on mortal combat! :hy:

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
i just wish i had some room to be able to do something like that!!!

good work guys. Rape that poor EF!

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Vultures don't rip hearts out, but falcons do! :hehe:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts