Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Australian Probe Member
841 Posts
Exactly what they are doing, helping the injured, trapped & mourning. Investigating to get the facts, considering their options & planning the correct response.
Let's hope they don't go one out & they involve the rest of the world in the solution.

G

·
0 Posts
Well if the Bin Laden is responsible which is likely, then the Taleban should be annihilated.
Maybe then the Afghan people can live happily ever after and we won't have them sneaking into Australian shores.
I don't know a suitable action would be, I guess these terrorists have bank accounts so they should freeze those accounts if they can find them and also any assests that countries that support them and have a world ban on sales of arms to these countries and have a law that if any country caught selling arms to those banned countries, they should be be punished as well.

Or they could take the easy way and nuke em! :evil2:

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
Guy's what do you think about those Afghans coming to Aussie - or more importantly what might of they been planning?:eek:

Looks a bit suspect don't you think - considering that Bill Clinton was to be in Aussie.:eek:

G

·
0 Posts
J-type said:
Guy's what do you think about those Afghans coming to Aussie - or more importantly what might of they been planning?:eek:

Looks a bit suspect don't you think - considering that Bill Clinton was to be in Aussie.:eek:
I would prefer not to let them in as you can see how easy it was for those terrorists to live in the USA for quite a while and plan their attacks.
I'm sure the government checks to see if they are known criminals or terrorists before they let them in but you never know one might slip through that's if we don't have any of them here already.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
given the way we have been letting in 'refugees' it's highly likely that we have many undesirables and possibly terrorists hiding in australia. One of the reasons for the lengthy processing of these 'refugees' (other than the goddam lawyers) is that heaps appear with no identification ... obviously they are hiding something. It's up to the customs/immigration people to sort it out. If they have no ID and give a reasonable story then what hope do the officials have ???
If the taliban were harbouring bin Laden, then wipe them out ...

jeff

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
The whole situation is very scary. Anything could happen.
Lets just hope that it doesn't lead into the so called jihad eh!

The US would want to make it a good one.no stuffin around and stopping short.
Russell.:rolleyes:

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Maybe just maybe once this situation is worked out and that country settles back down,there won't be as many refugees.Some of these countries dictaters/leaders want bringing into line.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
I think you are right .... not withstanding criminals/terrorists there are a lot of average people just trying to live in these countries .. if it wasnt such a crap place they may not want to leave in as many numbers

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
J-type said:

Well now that 150 of them are now in NZ:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Big Block Ford said:
It would be good to see the WTC rebuilt as soon as poss to stick it to the terrorist's.
This is something I wanted to say earlier but wasn't sure how people would react.

I agree and would love to see it rebuilt. I hope they do.
I think the tallest building is over 500 metres now so they could improve on that too

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Yess: my two or so kiwi friends, remember you DON'T need a visa to come to Australia.So we'll be expecting them soon from N.Z!
I remember coming here in the 70's when not even a pasport was needed to travel either way. The custom guy said Oz and N.Z; ers through this door.There was more Indians,Asians,Islanders than Kiwi's and skips I can tell you.Thats right Muldoon kicked all the over stayers out about then.

·
Administrator
5,087 Posts
HSE2 said:

This is something I wanted to say earlier but wasn't sure how people would react.

I agree and would love to see it rebuilt. I hope they do.
I think the tallest building is over 500 metres now so they could improve on that too
I hope no one takes it the wrong way.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Big Block Ford said:
It would be good to see the WTC rebuilt as soon as poss to stick it to the terrorist's.
My mum said they should turn it into a park and plant two HUGE trees, like a memorial park, good idea I think.
And if the rebiuld the buildings, whats to stop them doing it again?:(

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whats to stop them from targeting any building again.

I can see the point of your MUM and don't disagree,but if you don't rebuild the terrorists have won. They have removed something that was a great land mark. I think a new building could still be a great memorial to the people who lost their lives.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
HSE2 said:

I can see the point of your MUM and don't disagree,but if you don't rebuild the terrorists have won. They have removed something that was a great land mark. I think a new building could still be a great memorial to the people who lost their lives.
yeah theres no doubt they'll build a bigger and better WTC with even more towers and greater no of stories. Who knows they might have an Anti Aircraft gun above it with the WTC's own defence system abit like the white house. Strength of the building will no doubt be like 5 fold stronger.
WTC was an icon of freedom and prosperity, they must and will build a new WTC.

I say with the new defence system if there is any aircraft that is within a spedified radius the aircraft gets blown to pieces. Ok these are my predictions for the new building but i reckon i'm not that far off.

·
Administrator
5,087 Posts
HSE2 said:

i agree with all of that post.It is a sign of strength to rebuild and God forbid if it should happen again then rebuild.They cannot win.I hope this is not offending anyone if so i will not post along these lines any more.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
DRU842 said:
Exactly what they are doing, helping the injured, trapped & mourning. Investigating to get the facts, considering their options & planning the correct response.
Let's hope they don't go one out & they involve the rest of the world in the solution.
Here here.. The least they could do was hold out for two more weeks so I can get home ok!! Very selfish thoughts I know but it's at the back of my mind all the same.
Tony Blair has got the right idea when he says it's time for a cool head.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ford Man said:

Here here.. The least they could do was hold out for two more weeks so I can get home ok!! Very selfish thoughts I know but it's at the back of my mind all the same.
Tony Blair has got the right idea when he says it's time for a cool head.

Good luck with the two weeks.

Someone must have told Tony to pull his head in as his stand now is a little different to 6 days ago

1 - 20 of 20 Posts